We are seeking a User Experience Engineer to join our team. Working at NT Concepts means that you are part of an innovative, agile company dedicated to solving the most critical challenges in National Security. We’re looking for the best and the brightest to join us in supporting this mission. If meaningful work, initiative, creativity, and continuous self-improvement are important to your career, join our growing team and discover What’s Next for you.
Clearance: TS/SCI w/ Poly
Location/Flexibility: Chantilly, Virginia. NO remote work.
- Ensure compliance with customer accessibility guidelines and mandates
- Analyze requirements and propose interface designs based on user needs.
- Evaluate and collect all user requirements, and collaborate with product engineers and managers.
- To illustrate design concepts, use sitemaps, process flows, and storyboards.
- Develop strategies, approaches, and plans to support system implementation activities
- Collect and evaluate user requirements with the help of product managers and engineers.
- Use storyboards, process flows, and sitemaps to illustrate design concepts.
- Work with developers to create standards for page designs
- Create UI mockups and prototypes that clearly show how sites work and look.
- Identify and resolve UX issues.
- Make layout changes based on user feedback. Follow font, color, and image style guidelines.
- Active TS/SCI clearance required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or related technical field
- Expertise in understanding user workflows and designing new features through wireframes/mockups of the UI
- Experience with XML specifications
- Experience with CSS
- Cloud Native application software development and deployment
- Fine grain access control, Back-end systems and cross domain services integration
- Strong client facing skills and ability to interact at a high level with client leadership
- Agile methodology experience
- Master’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or related technical field
- 10 years of professional experience in information technology
- Familiarity with SGML, XSLT
- Relational database experience
- Technical certifications
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift 10-15 pounds at times.
About NT Concepts
Founded in 1998 and headquartered in the Washington DC Metro area, NT Concepts is a private, mid-tier company with clients spanning the Intelligence and Defense communities. We deliver end-to-end data and technology solutions that advance the modernization, transformation, and automation of the national security mission—solutions with real impact developed in a strong engineering culture that encourages technical growth, leadership, and creative “big idea” problem-solving.
Employees are the core of NT Concepts. We understand that world-changing concepts happen in collaborative environments. We are a company where talented and diverse teams work together using innovation and expertise to solve our clients’ most critical challenges. Here, you’ll gain competitive benefits, opportunities to bolster your skills and develop new abilities, and a company culture dedicated to support and service. In addition to our benefits program, we encourage our employees to take part in #NTC_GivesBack, which paves the way for positive social change.
If joining a stable company with strong professional growth opportunities resonates with you, and you seek vital, mission-driven projects (for some pretty cool clients) that use your specific talents, we’d love to have you move forward with us.
Together is Better
We believe diversity and inclusion drive innovation, and that when we work together, we can accomplish anything. NT Concepts is a people-first, Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer—regardless of a person’s race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected class. If you have a disability and need accommodation, let us know. All resumes are held in confidence. NT Concepts participates in E-Verify.