NT Concepts is seeking an experienced Systems Administrator to provide both server and network administration support. The Systems Administrator will implement baseline changes and troubleshoot for all supported servers. The Systems Administrator will build servers by providing technical configuration, setup, installation services, and coordination of application projects.
Location: 100% on site, northern Virginia
- Setup, configure and maintain various Linux and/or Windows VMs to support development, test, integration, and operational software threads.
- Coordinate, direct and perform complex software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages.
- Schedule installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures.
- Setup, configure and maintain Cloud environments (i.e. AWS).
- Support system installations, problem solving and testing to ensure the availability, validity, and reliability of the networks.
- Establish network specifications; analyzing network traffic and diagnoses connectivity issues, access, information, and security requirements; designs router administration including interface configuration and routing protocols.
- Perform system modernization / lifecycle refresh of networked systems to include researching, proof of concept, testing, installing deploying, and maintaining equipment.
- Secure network by developing and properly configuring network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; maintaining documentation.
- Administer routers, switches, network Kernel-based Virtual Machines (KVMs), firewalls, software deployment, security updates and patches.
- Work with hardware/software vendors to maintain the network systems.
- Clearance: Active TS/SCI with Poly
- Experience with Cloud environments
- Experience with Windows and Linux environments
- Experienced in the use of Microsoft terminal services and system recovery tools
- Ability to write custom scripts
- Ability to upgrade Servers to new versions and skills needed to confidently plan, deliver, operate, and manage server infrastructure solutions across multiple solution areas in an enterprise environment
- Cloud deployment and management experience
About NT Concepts
Founded in 1998 and headquartered in the Washington DC Metro area, NT Concepts is a private, mid-tier company with clients spanning the Intelligence and Defense communities. We deliver end-to-end data and technology solutions that advance the modernization, transformation, and automation of the national security mission—solutions with real impact developed in a strong engineering culture that encourages technical growth, leadership, and creative “big idea” problem-solving.
Employees are the core of NT Concepts. We understand that world-changing concepts happen in collaborative environments. We are a company where talented and diverse teams work together using innovation and expertise to solve our clients’ most critical challenges. Here, you’ll gain competitive benefits, opportunities to bolster your skills and develop new abilities, and a company culture dedicated to support and service. In addition to our benefits program, we encourage our employees to take part in #NTC_GivesBack, which paves the way for positive social change.
If joining a stable company with strong professional growth opportunities resonates with you, and you seek vital, mission-driven projects (for some pretty cool clients) that use your specific talents, we’d love to have you move forward with us.
Together is Better
We believe diversity and inclusion drive innovation, and that when we work together, we can accomplish anything. NT Concepts is a people-first, Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer—regardless of a person’s race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected class. If you have a disability and need accommodation, let us know. All resumes are held in confidence. NT Concepts participates in E-Verify.