As a Software Developer you will have the unique opportunity to solve hard problems and help turn complex concepts into reality to advance and enhance systems supporting the defense of our nation.
Our delivery teams are driven to explore new ideas and technology, and care deeply about collaboration, feedback, and iteration. We follow SAFe agile practices, embrace the Ops ethos (DataOps/DevSecOps/MLOps) to “automate-first”, use modern tech stacks, and constantly challenge each other to grow and improve.
If cutting edge development projects resonate with you, and you care deeply about joining a mission-driven company with a strong growth direction and diverse culture, we’d love to learn more about you. Check out the details below, and let’s connect.
Technical members of our solutions teams require little guidance, but love to learn, collaborate, and problem solve. This position requires a mid to senior level of experience, a passion for developing solutions and solving problems, and a strong desire to solve our customers’ hardest technical and data challenges.
The Software Developer will be responsible for the following:
- Support design, development, implementation and maintenance recommendations for software systems
- Design, code, test, debug and document solutions with direction from senior team members
- Ensure compliance with software design, development, testing, integration and sustainment standards
- Research technology solutions, prioritize assignments, and work to resolve issues based on customer and business requirements
- Ensure that products are designed and developed for scalability, robustness, maintainability, and interoperability
- Create, implement and adopt Development Best Practices
- TS/SCI with poly clearance required
- 3+ years of experience with Python or other programming languages (e.g., Java, C#, GoLang)
- Experience with API design and implementation
- Experience developing data solutions with RDBMS (e.g. PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server, MySQL) and NoSQL databases (e.g. Mongo DB, Cassandra, Redis)
- Experience supporting code reviews
- Experience with Cloud Providers (AWS, GCP, and Azure) preferably AWS
- Experience working in a fast-paced agile environment
- Demonstrated proficiency with Git version control systems
- Experience working in Linux environments
- Familiarity with microservices design and development patterns
- Familiarity with one or more Configuration Management Tools, such as Chef or Ansible
- Familiarity with container-based applications (Docker, OpenShift) and Kubernetes management
We’re looking for a motivated Software Developer eager to advance not only your professional career, but also the missions of our Intelligence and Defense communities. At NT Concepts, you’ll be able to:
- Meaningfully impact the company’s growth, and share in the rewards accordingly
- Develop your own career path through our What’s Next program which emphasizes person growth through training and certification
- Work on programs of importance that directly impact National Security and the world
- Work in a fun, “challenging yet rewarding” fast-paced environment
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 10-15 pounds at times.
About NT Concepts
Founded in 1998 and headquartered in the Washington DC Metro area, NT Concepts is a private, mid-tier company with clients spanning the Intelligence and Defense communities. We deliver end-to-end data and technology solutions that advance the modernization, transformation, and automation of the national security mission—solutions with real impact developed in a strong engineering culture that encourages technical growth, leadership, and creative “big idea” problem-solving.
Employees are the core of NT Concepts. We understand that world-changing concepts happen in collaborative environments. We are a company where talented and diverse teams work together using innovation and expertise to solve our clients’ most critical challenges. Here, you’ll gain competitive benefits, opportunities to bolster your skills and develop new abilities, and a company culture dedicated to support and service. In addition to our benefits program, we encourage our employees to take part in #NTC_GivesBack, which paves the way for positive social change.
If joining a stable company with strong professional growth opportunities resonates with you, and you seek vital, mission-driven projects (for some pretty cool clients) that use your specific talents, we’d love to have you move forward with us.
Together is Better
We believe diversity and inclusion drive innovation, and that when we work together, we can accomplish anything. NT Concepts is a people-first, Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer—regardless of a person’s race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected class. If you have a disability and need accommodation, let us know. All resumes are held in confidence. NT Concepts participates in E-Verify.