Category: Software Developer
Locations: Remote; Reston, VA
As a Full-Stack Software Engineer on our solutions delivery team, you will have the unique opportunity to work on projects advancing the digital transformation of critical government systems with true mission impact.
Our delivery teams are driven to explore new ideas and technology, and care deeply about collaboration, feedback, and iteration. We follow lean agile practices, embrace the Ops (DataOps/DevSecOps/MLOps) to “automate-first”, use modern tech stacks, and constantly challenge each other to grow and improve.
Technical members of our solutions teams require little guidance, but love to learn, collaborate, and problem solve. This position requires experience and passion for coding, and a strong desire to solve our customers’ unique technical and data challenges.
- Bridging the gap between complex business problems and software solutions
- Coding solutions that adhere to customer security and requirements
- Leading the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of software systems
- Design, code, test, debug, and document solutions with direction from a multi-disciplinary team
- Ensure compliance with software design, development, testing, integration, and sustainment standards
- Research technology solutions, prioritize assignments, and work to resolve issues based on customer and business requirements
- Ensure that products are designed and developed for scalability, robustness, maintainability, and interoperability
- Create, implement, and adopt Development Best Practices
- Mentor more junior software engineers
- Clearance: Secret
- 8+ years of experience with BS degree preferred, but experience may be substituted
- Experience programming in TypeScript and / or Python
- BS degree preferred, experience may be substituted
- Experience working with databases (g. PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB) to include:
- Basic understanding of relational database design principles (g. Normalization vs Denormalization)
- General knowledge of database administration concepts (g. users, schemas, constraints)
- Basic query development experience
- Experience supporting code reviews
- Experience with Cloud Providers (AWS, GCP, and Azure) preferably AWS
- Experience working in a fast-paced agile environment
- Demonstrated proficiency with Git version control systems
- Experience working in Linux environments
- Experience using TypeScript-based front-end development using Angular or React
- Familiarity with microservices design and development patterns
- Preferred candidates present experience with both Python/Django and TypeScript/Angular
- Secondary preference given to any combination of backend and frontend languages/frameworks
- Experience developing long-running ETL processes
- Experience with containerization software (g. OpenShift, Kubernetes, etc.)
- AWS Well-Architected Framework practitioner
- Demonstrated ability to effectively engage with Sponsor Information System Security Managers (ISSMs) to ensure security compliance of software
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift 10-15 pounds at times
About NT Concepts
Founded in 1998 and headquartered in the Washington DC Metro area, NT Concepts is a private, mid-tier company with clients spanning the Intelligence and Defense communities. We deliver end-to-end data and technology solutions that advance the modernization, transformation, and automation of the national security mission—solutions with real impact developed in a strong engineering culture that encourages technical growth, leadership, and creative “big idea” problem-solving.
Employees are the core of NT Concepts. We understand that world-changing concepts happen in collaborative environments. We are a company where talented and diverse teams work together using innovation and expertise to solve our clients’ most critical challenges. Here, you’ll gain competitive benefits, opportunities to bolster your skills and develop new abilities, and a company culture dedicated to support and service. In addition to our Benefit and Rewards program, we encourage our employees to take part in #NTC_GivesBack, which paves the way for positive social change.
If joining a stable company with strong professional growth opportunities resonates with you, and you seek vital, mission-driven projects (for some pretty cool clients) that use your specific talents, we’d love to have you move forward with us.
Together is Better
We believe diversity and inclusion drive innovation, and that when we work together, we can accomplish anything. NT Concepts is a people-first, Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer—regardless of a person’s race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected class. If you have a disability and need accommodation, let us know. All resumes are held in confidence. NT Concepts participates in E-Verify.