Technical members of our solutions teams require little guidance, but love to learn, collaborate, and problem solve. This position requires a senior level of experience, a passion to provide expert level data science instruction and assistance in creating curriculum and exercises, and a strong desire to solve our customers’ hardest technical and data challenges.
The Data Scientist will be responsible for the following:
- Responsible for assisting in curriculum creation and instruction to help students learn the collection, cleaning and munging of data to meet the Sponsor's purpose
- Duties vary according to the specific course and may include experimental frameworks for product development and machine learning with the aim to lay a strong data foundation for robust analytics to be performed.
- Senior or Expert skill level
- 5+ (Senior) or 7+ Expert) years of related experience
- Thorough (Senior)/Working (Expert) knowledge of individual, organizational, technological, or transnational issues of national security concern
- Prior experience with the Intelligence Community and methodological experience in some of the following areas: relationships and discovery (correlating, enriching and prioritizing data about activity among actors, devices or facilities to enable the discovery of structure, roles, key relationships and targets), situational awareness (unifying data into a single context, allowing the current situation to be accurately and quickly understood), systems modeling (building a computational analog of a real-world system - political, military, economic, social or technical - to understand how it operates, what it is capable of, and how it may react to shocks) and business analytics ( supporting data-driven decisions about how we can improve the business of intelligence).
- Thorough/Working knowledge of appropriate analytic methods and methodological tools in two or more (Senior)/all three (Expert) of the following areas:
- Applied mathematics ( e.g. probability and statistics, multivariable calculus, linear algebra, ordinary and partial differential equations, stochastic processes, graph theory)
- Computer programming ( e.g., scripting, data parsing/ETL, artificial intelligence, machine learning, math/statistics packages, natural language processing, software versioning, distributed computing)
- Visualization (e.g., dashboard creation, network analysis, GIS/geospatial analysis, telemetry analysis)
- Thorough/Working knowledge of Python and some of the following software/tools: SQL, R, Hadoop, Spark, Java, CIC++, Git, Bash, Tableau, ArcGIS, Unix commands
- Thorough/Working knowledge of research designs
- Thorough/Working knowledge of collection methods, capabilities, and tasking process
- Familiarity with project management concepts and principles
- Intellectual curiosity, creativity and innovation to go beyond current tools to deliver the best solution to complex problems
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to leverage multiple data management tools to organize relevant information and make decisions
- Ability to develop comprehensive software applications, as needed
- Ability to translate complex, technical findings into an easily understood narrative (i.e., tell a story with the data) in graphical, verbal, or written form
- Ability to multitask and change focus quickly as demands change
- Ability work collaboratively and effectively in a team environment
- Ability to establish and maintain internal and external professional networks including subject matter experts, collectors, and decision makers that are necessary to carry out tasks or projects
TS/SCI + Full Scope Poly Required
We're looking for a motivated Data Scientist eager to advance not only your professional career, but also the missions of our Intelligence and Defense communities. At NT Concepts, you'll be able to:
- Have a meaningful impact on the company's growth, and share in the rewards accordingly
- Develop your own career path through our What’s Next program, which emphasizes person growth through training and certification
- Work on programs of importance that directly impact National Security and the world
- Work in a fun, “challenging yet rewarding” fast-paced environment
- Prolonged periods setting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 10-15 pounds at times.
WE BUILD YOU POWER.
We’re always interested in getting to know talented people. If you feel you are a good fit for the company but don’t see a career match above, join our talent network so we can connect with you!