The Data Scientist is responsible for assisting in curriculum creation and instruction to help students learn the collection, cleaning and munging of data to meet the Sponsor's purpose. Duties vary according to the specific course and may include experimental frameworks for product development and machine learning with the aim to lay a strong data foundation for robust analytics to be performed.
- Senior or Expert skill level
- 5+ (Senior) or 10+ Expert) years ofrelated experience
- Thorough (Senior)/Working (Expert) knowledge of individual, organizational, technological, or transnational issues of national security concern
- Prior experience with the Intelligence Community and methodological experience in some of the following areas: relationships and discovery (correlating, enriching and prioritizing data about activity among actors, devices or facilities to enable the discovery of structure, roles, key relationships and targets), situational awareness (unifying data into a single context, allowing the current situation to be accurately and quickly understood), systems modeling (building a computational analog of a real-world system - political, military, economic, social or technical - to understand how it operates, what it is capable of, and how it may react to shocks) and business analytics ( supporting data-driven decisions about how we can improve the business of intelligence).
- Thorough/Working knowledge of appropriate analytic methods and methodological tools in two or more (Senior)/all three (Expert) of the following areas:
- Applied mathematics ( e.g. probability and statistics, multivariable calculus, linear algebra, ordinary and partial differential equations, stochastic processes, graph theory)
- Computer programming ( e.g., scripting, data parsing/ETL, artificial intelligence, machine learning, math/statistics packages, natural language processing, software versioning, distributed computing)
- Visualization (e.g., dashboard creation, network analysis, GIS/geospatial analysis, telemetry analysis)
- Thorough/Working knowledge of Python and some of the following software/tools: SQL, R, Hadoop, Spark, Java, CIC++, Git, Bash, Tableau, ArcGIS, Unix commands
- Thorough/Working knowledge ofresearch designs
- Thorough/Working knowledge of collection methods, capabilities, and tasking process
- Familiarity with project management concepts and principles
- Intellectual curiosity; creativity and innovation to go beyond current tools to deliver the best solution to complex problems
- Strong analytical and critical tbinkine skills
- Ability to leverage multiple data management tools to organize relevant information and make decisions
- Ability to develop comprehensive software applications, as needed
- Ability to translate complex, technical findings into an easily understood narrative (i.e., tell a story with the data) in graphical, verbal, or written form
- Ability to multitask and change focus quickly as demands change
- Ability work collaboratively and effectively in a team environment
- Ability to establish and maintain internal and external professional networks including subject matter experts, collectors, and decision makers that are necessary to carry out tasks or projects
TS/SCI + Full Scope Poly Required
At NTC I work as a software developer supporting AI and machine learning projects that encompass computer vision, natural language processing, and other domains. I enjoy coming to work because each and every day there are new and interesting problems to solve.
NTC’s close-knit team of developers and data scientists each brings their own unique set of skills to the table which works well when solving problems and challenging one and others thoughts and ideas. Oh, and we also are a lot of fun!
ZACH M. Software Developer
WE BUILD YOU POWER.
We’re always interested in getting to know talented people. If you feel you are a good fit for the company but don’t see a career match above, join our talent network so we can connect with you!