And… Why We’re Both Here - This “Job” Thing
Here it is: we have some opportunities. And we’d like to get to know some more amazing people, that might want to talk about that. People like you. Since you’re reading this, and the title’s “software engineer”, we’re thinking you might be a little interested. Very cool.
Software Engineers form the backbone of our approach - without you, we fail. It’s pretty straightforward. We’re looking for thoughtful, creative engineers who take joy in taking something from concept to reality. Creators who love technology. Our environment’s built for you: a collaborative, test driven, paired programming environment (we like to learn from each other), with the best tools we can deploy. Joel Spolsky would approve. We hope you do too.
Bottom-line, we're looking for an experienced senior coder to lead software development teams. You will be developing tools and functionality in an Agile environment. You will be building, maintaining, upgrading, testing, and deploying cutting edge software to support those who defense national security. We hope you'll be able to make a difference while doing what you love with people you like!
Who You Are
Okay, beyond the basics (you solve problems, and are generally nice), we’re looking for a few skills. Less concerned with the specific technologies (great developers can learn new tech as it emerges), more about horsepower.. That said, here are a couple bullets, things we look for:
- You write, transform, and extend code. Sometimes you dream about it.
- Know your way around DevOps orchestration tools.
- Better than decent chance you’ve got GitHub open in a tab right now.
- Creativity matters - boring is the enemy of the good.
- You’re always exploring new tech - and looking for ways to use it at home and at work
The hard requirements:
- An Active TS/SCI Security Clearance - No wiggle room here. You must have it.
- BS or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or some other technical degree.
- 8 years’ experience in full stack development to include Java, Web services, Database, and micro-service development.
- 5 years’ experience with agile and lean philosophies, serving as scrum or team lead.
- Experience working independently with clients or stakeholders conducting interviews, observations, and surveys, to develop user-stories in support of full-service consumer and business applications.
- Experience with Continuous Delivery and Continuous Integration (CI/CD) techniques, test-driven development, and automated testing practices.
- Demonstrated domain experience in at least one of the following:
- Experience working with and developing geospatial information systems (GIS) to include open-source and proprietary geospatial formats
- Use and development of common geospatial tools, data, and operating platforms. These may include, but are not limited to:
- Development of customized code, scripts, modules, macro procedures, and libraries to implement specialized spatial analysis functions using languages such as Python, Java, PHP, C, Pro*C, Perl, or similar scripting and development languages
- Possesses at least one of the Agile Development Certifications
- Certified Scrum Master
- Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)
- Certified Scrum Professional
- MS or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent technical degree.
- 12 years’ experience in full stack development to include Java, Web services, Database, and micro-service development.
- 7 years’ experience with agile and lean philosophies, serving as scrum or team lead.
- Integration and tailoring of geospatial Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) software applications; specialized software and database development and maintenance; integration of related specialized hardware; engineering studies to identify and remedy geodata processing bottlenecks.
- Expertise in multiple Commercial, Open Source and Government created Geospatial Information Systems/Platform
At NTC I work as a software developer supporting AI and machine learning projects that encompass computer vision, natural language processing, and other domains. I enjoy coming to work because each and every day there are new and interesting problems to solve.
NTC’s close-knit team of developers and data scientists each brings their own unique set of skills to the table which works well when solving problems and challenging one and others thoughts and ideas. Oh, and we also are a lot of fun!
ZACH M. Software Developer
WE BUILD YOU POWER.
We’re always interested in getting to know talented people. If you feel you are a good fit for the company but don’t see a career match above, join our talent network so we can connect with you!