Leads a team of network administrators and engineers who provide network administration for maintaining the
computing environment using Cisco Networking Devices, VPN, Firewalls, Intrusion
Prevention Systems/Intrusion Detection Systems (IPS/IDS), Network Monitoring Software,
and Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol
(TCP/IP). Specific tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Support system installations, problem solving and testing to ensure the availability,validity, and reliability of the DSMS networks.
- Establish network specifications; analyzing network traffic and diagnoses connectivityissues, access, information, and security requirements; designs router administration including interface configuration and routing protocols.
- Engineer network architecture
- Perform system modernization / lifecycle refresh of networked systems to includeresearching, proof of concept, testing, installing deploying, and maintaining equipment.
- Evaluatenetwork performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, and latency; plans and executes the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining network policies and procedures; establishing connections and firewalls.
- Maintain network performance; performs network monitoring and analysis, andperformance tuning; troubleshoots network problems.
- Securenetwork by developing and properly configuring network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; maintaining documentation.
- Administer printers, routers, switches, network Kernel-based Virtual Machines (KVMs),firewalls, software deployment, security updates and patches.
- Work with hardware/software vendors to maintain the network systems.
- Validatesystem network components under the NIAP Common Criteria Evaluation and Validation Program
- Providing management and installation of Tactical FASTLANE (TACLANE) KG175 device, the assisting the DSMS Government COMSEC manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in science, engineering, or a related field with 10 years of experience(4 additional years of relevant experience substitutes for a BS).
- Network Administration experience with DOD or similar customer.
- Ability to travel overseas in support of the DTRA mission as required.
- IAT II certification (Security+)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite, e-mail, and telework software.
- U.S. citizen with an Active Secret security clearance and clearable to Top Secret
- Active Top Secretclearance with SCI elgibility
- Understanding and experience working within the DTRA Nuclear Enterprise, or other DTRA programs
- Prolonged periods setting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift upto 10-15 pounds at times.
WE BUILD YOU POWER.
We’re always interested in getting to know talented people. If you feel you are a good fit for the company but don’t see a career match above, join our talent network so we can connect with you!