The Data Engineer is responsible for assisting in curriculum creation and instruction to help students learn how to develop, construct, test and maintain architectures, align architecture with business requirements, data acquisition, develop data set processes, use programming language and tools, identify ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality, conduct research for industry and business questions, use large data sets to address business issues, deploy sophisticated analytics programs, machine learning and statistical methods, prepare data for predictive and prescriptive modeling, find hidden patterns using data, use data to discover tasks that can be automated, and deliver updates to stakeholders based on analytics
- Senior skill level
- 5+ years of data engineering or data management experience
- Proficiency with major data sciences tools such as SQL, Python, R, and Git.
- Demonstrated experience with cleaning, management, optimizing performance and processing large volumes of data.
- Familiarity with industry best-practices for software-hardware optimization when processing large sets of data.
- Experience with machine learning, with statistical modeling, time-series forecasting, and/or geospatial analytics is preferred.
- Experience with Hadoop, Spark or other parallel storage/computing processes is a plus
TS/SCI+ Full Scope Poly required
At NTC I work as a software developer supporting AI and machine learning projects that encompass computer vision, natural language processing, and other domains. I enjoy coming to work because each and every day there are new and interesting problems to solve.
NTC’s close-knit team of developers and data scientists each brings their own unique set of skills to the table which works well when solving problems and challenging one and others thoughts and ideas. Oh, and we also are a lot of fun!
ZACH M. Software Developer
WE BUILD YOU POWER.
We’re always interested in getting to know talented people. If you feel you are a good fit for the company but don’t see a career match above, join our talent network so we can connect with you!