The Database Architect will:
- Provide technical leadership and advise on designs for database solutions, including design reviews, planning, development and resolving technical issues
- Design and document database solutions for various clients.
- Identify the strategy, with collaboration from the business, to simplify data environments, data integration, and build-out of a new, efficient enterprise class databases, data warehouses and/or data lakes as determined by the requirements.
- Responsible for creating roadmap documents, architectural documents, process documents, standards documents and governance documents and recommending architecture and implementation best practices.
- Collaborate with Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, and Developers to implement database solutions.
- Be a technical expert in current technologies and act as subject matter expert and mentors less experienced team members.
- Experienced with Microsoft based technology stacks.
- Communicate technical design to both business and technical stakeholders.
- Collaboratively participate in large scale multi-disciplined projects.
- Must have a minimum of a SECRET Security Clearance
- Expert understanding of architectural principles, patterns and tenets
- Expert understanding of agile teams and development methodologies
- Must be knowledgeable in the latest database design and development methodologies, and tools and be able to apply this knowledge to achieve effective data solutions.
- Desired technical skills:
- Database and application development experience in relational databases and cloud technologies.
- Understanding of big data technologies; Data Lake and Big Data modeling experience.
- Experience data modeling in transactional and operational reporting and analytical (EDW, Data Lake, NoSQL and RDBMS) solutions.
- Experience with capacity planning, database scripting and package deployment.
- Experience with data replication methodology.
- Experience with data warehouse, Data Mart, or Data Lake.
- Expertise in tuning and debugging SQL and resolving application specific bottlenecks.
- Experience using (Erwin, TOAD, or any other data modeling tool) for data modeling.
- Experience with cloud-based databases and data warehouses.
- Database design and modeling
- ETL and data movement
- Data visualization tools
- Experience with, NoSQL, APIs, Big Data Technologies, NLP, MLP and Open Source Commercial grade highly scalable solutions
- Strong interest in data, data analytics, and related tools to help business users gain critical insights.
- Ideal candidates would have strong initiative, creative vison, is able to grow into a key leadership role, and can work both independently and as a team member.
Required qualitications include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related area. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years demonstrating a high degree of proficiency in designing and engineering complex, high-quality data technical architectures and detailed designs.
- Five (5) or more years in a Data Architecture role architecting data warehouses and/or data lakes with big data technologies such as Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, HBase, MongoDB or Cassandra.
- Must have a minimum of a SECRET Security Clearance.
- Strong understanding of Cloud Native development, Cloud Infrastructure, Open Source Frameworks, one or more Cloud Environments (AWS, Azure, or other)
At NTC I work as a software developer supporting AI and machine learning projects that encompass computer vision, natural language processing, and other domains. I enjoy coming to work because each and every day there are new and interesting problems to solve.
NTC’s close-knit team of developers and data scientists each brings their own unique set of skills to the table which works well when solving problems and challenging one and others thoughts and ideas. Oh, and we also are a lot of fun!
ZACH M. Software Developer
WE BUILD YOU POWER.
We’re always interested in getting to know talented people. If you feel you are a good fit for the company but don’t see a career match above, join our talent network so we can connect with you!