And… Why We’re Both Here - This “Job” Thing
Here is what you'll be doing in this role:
- Assisting product owners in maintaining the Product Backlog and schedule.
- Capturing the Product Owner’s acceptance criteria, and using that criteria to determine when a backlog item is done.
- Overseeing quality control/quality assurance for the several Developer teams.
- Assisting scrum teams in mitigating or removing impediments to their progress.
- Facilitating team events including Release Planning Events.
- Coordinating the participation of all key stakeholders in the Scrum process.
- Coaching several Developer teams in self-organization and cross-team integration.
- Promoting consistent design principles, approaches to system design, security, testing, and documentation, across multiple development teams.
Who You Are
Okay, beyond the basics (you solve problems, and are generally nice), we’re looking for a few skills. Less concerned with the specific technologies (great developers can learn new tech as it emerges), more about horsepower.. That said, here are a couple bullets, things we look for:
- Someone who can work well in a team and communicate with product owners, teammates, and other stakeholders.
- Know your way around DevOps orchestration tools.
- Better than decent chance you’ve got GitHub open in a tab right now.
- Creativity matters - boring is the enemy of the good.
- You’re always exploring new tech - and looking for ways to use it at home and at work
- A current TS/SCI Security Clearance - no wiggle room on this one.
- Training and/or certification as a Scrum Master by an educational or professional association.
- Demonstrated success in the conduct of agile software development for complex information technology systems.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 10 years of experience, or Masters plus five years of experience in government Information Technology or a related field
- Demonstrated success in delivering functional code to the government’s satisfaction using agile design and development techniques.
At NTC I work as a software developer supporting AI and machine learning projects that encompass computer vision, natural language processing, and other domains. I enjoy coming to work because each and every day there are new and interesting problems to solve.
NTC’s close-knit team of developers and data scientists each brings their own unique set of skills to the table which works well when solving problems and challenging one and others thoughts and ideas. Oh, and we also are a lot of fun!
ZACH M. Software Developer
WE BUILD YOU POWER.
We’re always interested in getting to know talented people. If you feel you are a good fit for the company but don’t see a career match above, join our talent network so we can connect with you!