And… Why We’re Both Here - This “Job” Thing
Here it is: we have some opportunities. And we’d like to get to know some more amazing people, that might want to talk about that. People like you. Since you’re reading this, and the title’s “data scientist,” we’re thinking you might be a little interested. Very cool.
We love people who dream big, find data fascinating, and understand that’s it’s not just about data: it’s about the science behind it, and how you can use it to solve real-world problems. We've got some tricky time-series data on this particular project and are looking for creative minds in the deep learning space to tackle it. (Also, if you happen to have some level of talent at, say kick-ball or giant Jenga: bonus points).
Who You Are
Okay, beyond the basics (you solve problems, and are generally nice), we’re looking for a few skills. Less concerned with the specific technologies (great scientists can learn new tech as it emerges), more about horsepower.. That said, here are a couple bullets, things we look for:
- Data science is a dynamic and evolving profession – we’re looking for people who love to learn and find unique solutions without being micro-managed: you’ll have the freedom to try new things, test solutions and technologies, and tell us when there’s a better path.
- You know your way around a cloud console and have handled some pretty large volumes of data (time-series a plus!).
- You are familiar with a few machine learning frameworks, like TensorFlow or PyTorch.
- You've got experience with deep learning.
- Maybe you have used enterprise products in the past for high throughput data ingestion and analysis.
- Ultimately, we need someone who knows their way around data modeling, information extraction, time-series forecasting, machine learning algorithms, statistical analysis, or applied mathematics.
We realize that data scientists are a diverse breed and we are excited to hear how your unique combination of skills might apply to our current problem sets
At NTC I work as a software developer supporting AI and machine learning projects that encompass computer vision, natural language processing, and other domains. I enjoy coming to work because each and every day there are new and interesting problems to solve.
NTC’s close-knit team of developers and data scientists each brings their own unique set of skills to the table which works well when solving problems and challenging one and others thoughts and ideas. Oh, and we also are a lot of fun!
ZACH M. Software Developer
WE BUILD YOU POWER.
We’re always interested in getting to know talented people. If you feel you are a good fit for the company but don’t see a career match above, join our talent network so we can connect with you!