The Solutions Architect, Senior provides the technical leadership to manage the technical aspects of a large software development program through advanced architecture design and implementation. This position is responsible for architecting cutting edge technology solutions and evolving legacy platforms to modern software architectures. The Solutions Architect is responsible and accountable for receiving business needs and requirements from the customer, defining system requirements and scoping the design, managing the development of the software, provide technical expertise and work toward successful deliveries to the customer within an Agile and DevOps environment. Responsible for critical database and software architecture components and developing and guiding the implementations that result in stable, secure, and performant solutions using modern technologies and designs. This position is for hands-on Application Architecture and Design for current and new Application initiatives while maintaining the exceptional level of professionalism and communication to all levels of stakeholders.
- Provide technical leadership and advise on designs for application solutions, including design reviews, planning, development and resolving technical issues
- Design and document architectural solutions for various clients.
- Responsible for creating roadmap documents, architectural documents, process documents, standards documents and governance documents and recommending architecture and implementation best practices.
- Collaborate with Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, and Developers to implement technical solutions.
- Be a technical expert in current technologies and act as subject matter expert and mentors less experienced team members.
- Experienced with Microsoft based technology stacks.
- Communicate technical design to both business and technical stakeholders.
- Ability to provide technical assistance to software development, QA, or other capabilities as needed
- Visionary in anticipating future IT direction and able to communicate that vision to IT and business partners.
- Collaboratively participate in large scale multi-disciplined projects.
- Design and implement business architecture, processes and strategies.
- Expert understanding of architectural principles, patterns and tenets
- Expert understanding of agile teams and development methodologies
- Must be knowledgeable in the latest software design and development methodologies, programming languages and tools and be able to apply this knowledge to achieve effective Software Architecture solutions.
- Desired technical skills:
- Services Oriented Architecture
- Object-oriented analysis and design
- Information Architecture and Data Analytics
- Database design and modeling
- ETL and data movement
- Machine learning
- Data visualization tools
- Search technologies
- RDBMS and NoSQL Data Stores
- Experience with, NoSQL, APIs, Big Data Technologies, NLP, MLP and Open Source Commercial grade highly scalable solutions
- Strong interest in data, data analytics, and related tools to help business users gain critical insights.
- Ideal candidates would have strong initiative, creative vison, is able to grow into a key leadership role, and can work both independently and as a team member
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related area. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years related work experience in software product development
- 5 or more years’ experience defining software architecture and designs for complex software systems
- Must have a minimum of a SECRET Security Clearance.
- Hands-on experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), APIs and Microservices (such as Apache Kafka, Microservice Architectures and other enterprise software architecture)
- Strong understanding of Cloud Native development, Cloud Infrastructure, Open Source Frameworks, one or more Cloud Environments (AWS, Azure, or other)
- Applied knowledge of frameworks including but not limited to TOGAF, ITIL and COBIT
At NTC I work as a software developer supporting AI and machine learning projects that encompass computer vision, natural language processing, and other domains. I enjoy coming to work because each and every day there are new and interesting problems to solve.
NTC’s close-knit team of developers and data scientists each brings their own unique set of skills to the table which works well when solving problems and challenging one and others thoughts and ideas. Oh, and we also are a lot of fun!
ZACH M. Software Developer
WE BUILD YOU POWER.
We’re always interested in getting to know talented people. If you feel you are a good fit for the company but don’t see a career match above, join our talent network so we can connect with you!