The Solutions Architect, Senior provides the technical leadership to manage the technical aspects of a large software development program through advanced architecture design and implementation. This position is responsible for architecting cutting edge technology solutions and evolving legacy platforms to modern software architectures. The Solutions Architect is responsible and accountable for receiving business needs and requirements from the customer, defining system requirements and scoping the design, managing the development of the software, provide technical expertise and work toward successful deliveries to the customer within an Agile and DevOps environment. Responsible for critical database and software architecture components and developing and guiding the implementations that result in stable, secure, and performant solutions using modern technologies and designs. This position is for hands-on Application Architecture and Design for current and new Application initiatives while maintaining the exceptional level of professionalism and communication to all levels of stakeholders.
- Provide technical leadership and advise on designs for application solutions, including design reviews, planning, development and resolving technical issues
- Design and document architectural solutions for various clients.
- Collaborate with Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, and Developers to implement technical solutions.
- Be a technical expert in current technologies and act as subject matter expert and mentors less experienced team members.
- Experienced with Microsoft based technology stacks.
- Communicate technical design to both business and technical stakeholders.
- Collaboratively participate in large scale multi-disciplined projects.
- Design and implement business and technical architecture, processes and strategies.
- Expert understanding of architectural principles, patterns and tenets
- Expert understanding of agile teams and development methodologies
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related area. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years related work experience in software product development
- 5 or more years’ experience defining software architecture and designs for complex software systems
- Must have a minimum of a SECRET Security Clearance.
- Hands-on experience with Microservices Architectures (such as Apache Kafka, MuleSoft, and Azure Service Fabric)
- Strong understanding of Cloud Native development, Cloud Infrastructure, Open Source Frameworks, one or more Cloud Environments (AWS, Azure, or other)
Desired Technical skills:
- Minimum of 8+ experience in defining architecture for large solutions using .NET or equivalent technologies
- Web Development and API development experience using ASP.NET MVC or Web API is required.
- Experience designing and building RESTful APIs including security concepts such as OAuth and JSON Web Tokens.
- Working experience in Azure IaaS, PaaS, storage, network and database; as well as related on-prem implementation
- Hands on experience in deploying/support Kubernetes (on any public cloud or on-prem) for a large scale enterprise.
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in defining and implementing cloud/on-prem Azure based large solutions.
- Analyzing and identifying applications for cloud assessment and fitment, mapping workloads across IaaS, PaaS and private clouds.
- Implementing and hosting large, complex workloads (windows and non-windows) utilizing Azure Service Fabric and SQL Server 2019
- Experience in implementing and configuring/re-platforming large database solutions in Azure (public or private) using SQL Server and Oracle.
- Experience in implementing hybrid connectivity between Azure and on premise using virtual networks, VPN and Express Route.
At NTC I work as a software developer supporting AI and machine learning projects that encompass computer vision, natural language processing, and other domains. I enjoy coming to work because each and every day there are new and interesting problems to solve.
NTC’s close-knit team of developers and data scientists each brings their own unique set of skills to the table which works well when solving problems and challenging one and others thoughts and ideas. Oh, and we also are a lot of fun!
ZACH M. Software Developer
WE BUILD YOU POWER.
We’re always interested in getting to know talented people. If you feel you are a good fit for the company but don’t see a career match above, join our talent network so we can connect with you!