This position is responsible for leading, planning, managing, and directing software engineering teams to empower application teams with an emphasis on providing customer-driven solutions. The Business Analyst is the steward and custodian of the Scrum process. They possess a servant-leader style, and are willing to “roll up their sleeves” to support the team to ensure that objectives are achieved.
- Works closely with business owners to identify / understand business needs and translates these into effective solutions that are aligned with the technology roadmap and strategic direction of the team.
- Elicit current state pain points, and uncover gaps. Work with their delivery team to design a future state solution and be responsible for its approval and decomposition into user stories.
- Prepares for and facilitates Agile planning sessions with Agile delivery teams and assists with prioritizing user stories.
- Removes impediments to the team’s ability to perform by working closely with Product Managers/Owners/Development and support organizations
- Facilitates team development, mediates conflicts and encourages healthy team dynamics
- Mentors team members and other stakeholders on Agile best practices
Who You Are
The Business Analyst requires a strong understanding of requirements gathering, project management, schedule management, team management, risk management, issue resolution and post production support. Okay, beyond the basics (you solve problems, and are generally nice), we’re looking for a few skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related area
- Must have 5+ years of experience on software development and preferably with Microsoft technology stack in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Expert understanding of architectural principles, patterns and tenets
- Expert understanding of agile teams and development methodologies
- Must have a minimum of a SECRET Security Clearance.
Knowledge in the following areas:
- Services Oriented Architecture
- Object-oriented analysis and design
- Information Architecture and Data Analytics
- Database design and modeling
- ETL and data movement
- Machine learning
- Data visualization tools
- Search technologies
- RDBMS and NoSQL Data Stores
At NTC I work as a software developer supporting AI and machine learning projects that encompass computer vision, natural language processing, and other domains. I enjoy coming to work because each and every day there are new and interesting problems to solve.
NTC’s close-knit team of developers and data scientists each brings their own unique set of skills to the table which works well when solving problems and challenging one and others thoughts and ideas. Oh, and we also are a lot of fun!
ZACH M. Software Developer
WE BUILD YOU POWER.
We’re always interested in getting to know talented people. If you feel you are a good fit for the company but don’t see a career match above, join our talent network so we can connect with you!