We are seeking an experienced and innovative Data Scientist to lead a small team for an existing machine learning effort at a high-profile customer. The consultant will be responsible for identifying data sources and needs, performing aggregation and analysis of that data, and integrating the sponsor office into the broader data science community. They will be responsible for all aspects of the program's data and as personnel are added to the program will become the senior data scientist. The Consultant will support a variety of global efforts and will not be restricted to a singular geographic region. On this project, you’ll have the opportunity to demonstrate your intellectual agility by leading development of key performance insights and identifying dataflows and techniques to measure their success and will lead the implementation of your recommendations adopted by our customer. This project features the opportunity to interact with a wide range of key stakeholders, including those at senior levels. This is an exciting opportunity for an intellectually curious, energetic data scientist to work on a project with real impact helping our client develop ways to understand and improve performance of activities that support delivery of the mission.
This is an exciting opportunity for an intellectually curious Data Scientist to work on a project with real impact helping our client develop ways of better meeting the needs of the mission.
- Provide guidance and feedback to junior data scientists on practical, statistical, and mathematical matters relating to machine learning efforts
- Lead stakeholder education on quantitative capabilities, helping them to understand strengths and weaknesses of different approaches and what problems are suitable and unsuitable for data science
- Identify what data is already available and determine what mission-oriented questions we can answer using that data.
- Extract insights from bulk semi-structured data using data analysis techniques.
- Consult with clients on the development, prioritization and implementation of process improvement and impact evaluations tasks.
- Develop recommendations for changes to policy, processes, communications and training to enable achievement of vision.
- Develop and implement practical strategies for measuring performance of models and processes, to include development of performance measures, design of actionable methods for collecting and analyzing performance metrics, and implementation of capture and analysis strategies with refinement as needed.
- Perform research activities including document reviews, structured interviews, gap analyses, stakeholder identification, logistical coordination for data collection activities, and documentation of discussions.
- Analyze both quantitative and qualitative information to provide customers with comprehensive insights into organizational strengths and opportunities for growth.
- Prepare engaging presentations of analysis through data visualization and analytic narratives
- Brief senior-level customers on research plans, activities, findings and recommendations.
- Clearance: TOP SECRET WITH POLYGRAPH
- US. Citizenship
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in data science, statistics, or another quantitative discipline
- Proven ability to analyze data and translate analysis into meaningful insights
- Comfortable with ETL processes at scale in an enterprise environment
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages, preferably including Python
- Demonstrated ability to manipulate large data sets into user-friendly formats for stakeholder use
- Tenacity to find/hunt down data sources and build contacts across the sponsor organization,
- General understanding of programming best practices, statistical sampling, and quantitative analysis concepts
- Experience developing presentations and providing briefings to non-technical audiences
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as data visualization techniques
- Ability to perform in an individual contributor role while also excelling as a leader in a team environment
- Experience designing and implementing organizational or programmatic performance measurement strategies
- Ability to analyze information and identify second-order implications to policy, processes, communications, and training
- Experience leading qualitative research and program evaluation activities
- Experience developing and implementing change management strategies
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, Cloudera Data Warehouse, Microsoft Azure, or similar
- Demonstrated experience with one or more of: natural language processing, transformer architectures, machine vision (object detection, facial recognition), one-shot learning, reinforcement learning
- Comfortable with Apache Spark, MapReduce, or similar parallel compute technologies
- Solid background in statistics and/or mathematics (particularly linear algebra and calculus), preferably including sampling and bias measurement and mitigation.
- Experience developing and deploying capabilities on an airgapped network
- Previous experience with other career fields within the sponsor's purview is a significant bonus.
- Experience supporting the Intelligence Community (IC)
Clearance: TOP SECRET WITH POLYGRAPH
Location: McLean, Virginia
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift 10-15 pounds at times