As NT Concepts’ Chief Technology Officer, Chris Powell supports the horizontal integration of geospatial, software and data analytics across our solutions to help our customers analyze, visualize, and understand their data. Chris previously served as our Director of Geospatial Programs, where he founded and evolved our geospatial business line to provide GIS solutions to a number of federal, state, and private sector clients. Chris manages key partnerships with NT Concepts’ technology vendors.
Chris is passionate about the application of technology and science to create solutions that allow our customers to better analyze and understand the spatial, temporal and structural relationships of their data. He has developed and integrated geospatial solutions into a number of enterprise architectures across the Federal government and was instrumental in getting Google Earth fielded in several Intelligence Community organizations.
He is an active member of the GEOINT community and serves as co-chair of the USGIF Emerging Technologies Subcommittee organizing events to identify and introduce new innovations to government and industry.
Chris earned a Bachelor of Arts in Geography, a Cartographic Certificate, and a Master of Science in Geographic and Cartographic Sciences from George Mason University.
- Your Piecemeal Approach to Machine Learning is All Wrong
- Managing Enterprise-Scale Data Engineering in Support of Enterprise-Scale AI—POC’s AI Summit 2020 on Feb. 13th
- The Genesis of Google Earth
- Chris Powell Interview with Government Contracting Weekly
- NT Concepts Gears Up for Google Earth Enterprise Open Source Initiative