Vice President, Business Development
Category: Vice President
Location: Vienna, VA
We are NT Concepts, a mid-tier provider of National Security solutions for the Department of Defense, the Intelligence Community, and Federal Civilian Agencies. Our engineers, software developers, and data scientists leverage the latest in artificial intelligence, machine learning, geospatial information systems, and business support services to inform and grow our business. We are hiring a Vice President, Business Development (VP BD) who will report to the CEO and will serve as a member of the executive leadership team.
In sync with our entrepreneurial culture, the VP BD will lead the maturation and execution of the corporate growth and business development model. Initially, the VP BD will simultaneously: (1) in collaboration with P&L leadership, mature tactical business development operations to drive current year results and (2) in collaboration with executive leadership to formulate our longer-term corporate business development strategy. In an enduring fashion, the VP BD will be accountable for the evolution of the strategy and all the business development and enabling functions.
- Lead business development, capture, price to win, proposal, and marketing
- Lead, mentor, develop market facing business development professionals working in concert with delivery professionals to deliver growth.
- Build and maintain a healthy and accurate new business pipeline with a focus on prime, full & open opportunities.
- Develop high value partnerships in industry to expand our pipeline.
- Lead capture and proposal management capability, utilizing both internal and external resources, as needed.
- Lead the corporate marketing function.
- Mature and execute our business development processes and strategy.
- Working collaboratively with the Ops/P&L leads to drive pipeline metrics that support the growth of the business.
- Meet/exceed business growth goals and objectives.
- Clearance: Current TS/SCI
- Credible, proven business development and corporate development leader within the federal government services arena. Experience with DoD and the Intelligence Community preferred.
- Success building and leading team transitions specifically the maturation of an inherited team while refining that team to excel in a dynamic environment at an accelerated pace.
- Track record of an entrepreneurial mindset, evidenced by successful achievement of growth outcomes (e.g., new market expansions, new mission solutions/delivery methods to disrupt current markets).
- Technology aware and technical solutions savvy. Conversant, credible, and persuasive, with a history of developing and executing in a technology centric, mission solutions, technical services dominate capability offering.
- On multiple occasions, has successfully and collaboratively executed the development, maturation, and refreshing of a business development strategy.
- Repeatedly demonstrated ability to drive significant year over year organic growth within core markets as well as expansion into new customer accounts.
- Have experience working in operations or effectively with operations in support of account planning and pipeline development.
- Lead the design, launch and continued evolution of an overall go-to-market strategy through account strategies, leading to effective corporate messaging utilizing the marketing function.
- Possess and lives a set of core values that align to NT Concepts’ corporate core values. Inclusive of a trait for service outside self, evidenced by a history of philanthropic, charitable, and/or other service to others, ‘give back’ activities.
- Own and value the use of a CRM tool through weekly rigor and maintenance in support of corporate forecasting and strategic planning efforts.
- Excellent verbal and written skills and highly effective interpersonal skills to work collaboratively across the entire business.
About NT Concepts
Founded in 1998 and headquartered in the Washington DC Metro area, NT Concepts is a private, mid-tier company with clients spanning the Intelligence and Defense communities. We deliver end-to-end data and technology solutions that advance the modernization, transformation, and automation of the national security mission—solutions with real impact developed in a strong engineering culture that encourages technical growth, leadership, and creative “big idea” problem-solving.
Employees are the core of NT Concepts. We understand that world-changing concepts happen in collaborative environments. We are a company where talented and diverse teams work together using innovation and expertise to solve our clients’ most critical challenges. Here, you’ll gain competitive benefits, opportunities to bolster your skills and develop new abilities, and a company culture dedicated to support and service. In addition to our Benefit and Rewards program, we encourage our employees to take part in #NTC_GivesBack, which paves the way for positive social change.
If joining a stable company with strong professional growth opportunities resonates with you, and you seek vital, mission-driven projects (for some pretty cool clients) that use your specific talents, we’d love to have you move forward with us.
Together is Better
We believe diversity and inclusion drive innovation, and that when we work together, we can accomplish anything. NT Concepts is a people-first, Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer—regardless of a person’s race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected class. If you have a disability and need accommodation, let us know. All resumes are held in confidence. NT Concepts participates in E-Verify.