The User Support Lead will lead a team that is the central focal point for all communications with external customers and, working closely with System Administrators (SA) and software developers, to provide seamless support to all system users. Specific tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Provide immediate support on all nuclear weapons accountability issues identified by users.
- Develop DIAMONDS applications training lesson plans, for initial user and follow-on educational or refresher training distributing copies (hardcopy/electronic) of training materials, and conducting training either on-site or over-the-phone.
- Provide technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, and software: respond to queries, run diagnostic programs, isolate problems, and determine and implement solutions Accessing databases using Toad for Oracle and Oracle SQL Plus to research and rectify nuclear weapons accountability
- Provide system updates and statuses to Government
- Operate and maintain the necessary procedures, hardware, network connections, and software required to monitor all DSMS systems and trouble tickets.
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware; walk customers through problem-solving process.
- Perform user account management per the Account Management Plan.
- Collect and evaluating incident reporting practices and operations.
- Manage IT incidents and problems in general accordance with IT service management principles such as ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library).
- Bachelor’s degree in science, engineering, or a related field with 10years of experience (4 additional years of relevant experience substitutes for a BS).
- Working knowledge of nuclear weapons accountability practices / procedures reporting in a DoD Nuclear Weapons Accountability role or similar relevant experience.
- Systems Administration and customer support experience with DOD or similar customer.
- Ability to travel overseas in support of the DTRA mission as required.
- IAT II Certified (Security+)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite, e-mail, and telework software.
- S. citizen with an Active Secret security clearance
- Active Top Secret with (SCI) eligibility
- Understanding of Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) and
- ITIL foundations certification
- Understanding and experience working within the DTRA Nuclear Enterprise, or other DTRA programs
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 10-15 pounds at times.