As a Systems Engineer on our Department of Defense Office of Inspector General (DoD OIG) team you will collaborate with DoD OIG personnel to oversee our portfolio of systems – ensuring quality, performance, and efficiencies are realized. The DoD OIG keeps the Secretary of Defense and the Congress fully and currently informed of fraud, waste, abuse, and deficiencies. You will be part of a team operating as an MSP, to supply holistic IT support to the DoD OIG.
This program Primarily supports the Defense Case Activity Tracking System, Enterprise (D-CATSe). D-CATSe is the authoritative case management system of the DoD OIG for administrative investigations. The application offers a central point of management for DoD OIG Hotline, Investigations of Senior Officials, and Whistleblower Reprisal Investigations business units, from first contact through case closure.
Emerging authority in discipline or related area of expertise. May function in project leadership roles and represents the organization as prime customer contact on significant technical matters on contracts. Solves complex problems that require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity. Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: hardware/software, concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Performs duties such as site surveys, system evaluation, system analysis, architecture, and infrastructure assessment. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Applies and/or develops advanced technologies, scientific principles, theories, and concepts. Resolves issues associated with the development and implementation of operational programs. Provides input to R&D programs and recommends technological application programs to accomplish long-range objectives.
Specific tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Develop input, review content and revise existing documentation on strategic integration, data strategy, architecture, and tactics. Validate integration testing of newly developed application solutions. .
- Assess capability gaps of the current architecture and develop an architecture roadmap/transition plan based on “as is” architecture and the “to be” architecture. Recommend and define the software and hardware specifications to support the “to be” architecture. Provide technical insertion services to support architecture modifications to integrate solutions into the current baseline.
- Validate successful installation at the operational location using regression testing and track issues that arise and coordinate all solutions and/or resolution.
- Develop a COOP in accordance with the DoD Mission Assurance Category I requirements as outlined in DoD Instruction 8500.01, dated March 14 2014.
- Assist systems engineering, system design, and system administration in maintaining system documentation. Ensure COOP configurations are properly documented and kept up to date.
- on the alignment of COOP designs with business requirements, alerting government leadership to any deviation in the execution of those designs that results in a difference in capabilities.
- BA/BS in a technical discipline with at least 5 years of Solution Engineering
- Knowledge of Microsoft technologies, to include but not limited to Dynamics Customer Relationship Management, SharePoint, SQL, Identity Management, Systems Center Operations Manager, and Exchange.
- DoD 8570 certified at IAT or IAM Level I
- Prolonged periods setting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 10-15 pounds at times.
- Must have a Final Secret Security Clearance
- Previous experience working for the DoD IG
- Knowledge of the Defense Case Activity Tracking System, Enterprise
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 10-15 pounds at times.