We are seeking a Systems Administrator to join the NT Concepts Team.
Mission Focus: Provide an Operations and Maintenance (O&M) Technician to apply System Engineering, Test Engineering, Scripting, and System Administration skills in an operational environment in support of an operational enterprise system providing data ingest, archive, retrieval, display, and dissemination to users.
Clearance: Active TS/SCI with Polygraph
Location: McLean, VA
- Utilize strong technical foundation with skills such as scripting and working to get tools from production into operation using systems engineering skills.
- Develop innovative solutions and coordinate those solutions between members of the technical and operational staff at a classified government site and end-users in the field.
- Work closely with customers, operational staff, and development staff to solve problems in an operational environment.
- Maintain current knowledge of engineering practices and technical solutions.
- Create system documentation and deployment schedules.
- Develop and execute formal verification and validation activities.
- Evaluate, recommend, and implement automated test tools and strategies.
- Write, implement and report status for system test cases for testing.
- Rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Take direction from senior technical leadership and/or Project Manager on project specifications.
- Setup, configure and maintain various Linux and/or Windows VMs to support development, test, integration, and operational software threads.
- Coordinate, direct and perform complex software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages.
- Schedule installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures.
- Setup, configure and maintain Cloud environments (i.e. AWS).
- Requires a minimum of 1-3 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or a Master’s degree without experience; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with automated deployment technologies such as CloudFormation, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, or Terraform.
- AWS Cloud deployment and management experience.
- Linux system administration experience (RedHat and/or CentOS).
- Working knowledge of web application architectures and SQL databases.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Accepting the following levels:
- Security+ or comparable certification for privileged user access.
- Experience with distributed processing methods and tools, such as REST APIs, message brokering systems, microservices, IaaS/PaaS services.
- Experience supporting software in a production environment.
- Computer Science or related degree.
- Prior experience using Hashicorp suite tools such as Packer, Terraform, Vault, Consult, and Nomad.
- Prior experience using Kubernetes to orchestrate the deployment, scaling, and management of Docker containers.
- Prior experience managing a Kubernetes deployment in AWS.
- Experience configuring and managing Elastic Stack components to include configuring and managing an Elasticsearch cluster, installing and configuring Logstash and other Beats data providers, and building visualizations and dashboards in Kibana.
- Understanding of Geospatial concepts and exposure to GIS technologies.
- Understanding of imagery data, metadata ingest, processing, storage, and retrieval.
- Understanding of Full Motion Video (FMV), metadata ingest, storage and display.
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines with Jenkins or GitLab.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and its core services (i.e., EC2, S3, SQS).
- Experience with NetApp storage and retrieval.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 10-15 pounds at time
About NT Concepts
Founded in 1998 and headquartered in the Washington DC Metro area, NT Concepts is a private, mid-tier company with clients spanning the Intelligence and Defense communities. We deliver end-to-end data and technology solutions that advance the modernization, transformation, and automation of the national security mission—solutions with real impact developed in a strong engineering culture that encourages technical growth, leadership, and creative “big idea” problem-solving.
Employees are the core of NT Concepts. We understand that world-changing concepts happen in collaborative environments. We are a company where talented and diverse teams work together using innovation and expertise to solve our clients’ most critical challenges. Here, you’ll gain competitive benefits, opportunities to bolster your skills and develop new abilities, and a company culture dedicated to support and service. In addition to our benefits program, we encourage our employees to take part in #NTC_GivesBack, which paves the way for positive social change.
If joining a stable company with strong professional growth opportunities resonates with you, and you seek vital, mission-driven projects (for some pretty cool clients) that use your specific talents, we’d love to have you move forward with us.
Together is Better
We believe diversity and inclusion drive innovation, and that when we work together, we can accomplish anything. NT Concepts is a people-first, Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer—regardless of a person’s race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected class. If you have a disability and need accommodation, let us know. All resumes are held in confidence. NT Concepts participates in E-Verify.