As a System Administrator you will have the unique opportunity to solve hard problems and help turn complex concepts into reality to advance and enhance systems supporting the defense of our nation. You will be part of a solutions-oriented, agile Scrum team supporting innovative geospatial capabilities.
Clearance: Top Secret with SCI Eligibility required
Location/Flexibility: This work will be 90% remote, although candidates must be able to attend ad hoc meetings in the Chantilly, VA area.
- Responsible for effective provisioning, installation, configuration of RedHat Linux operating systems.
- Maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
- Ensure that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational standards
- Perform system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems, and agency key mission processes.
- Configure then and add new services, as necessary.
- Upgrade and configure system software that supports GIS infrastructure applications or asset management applications per project or operational needs.
- Create and maintain documentation to help train employees resolve day to day issues and knowledge transfer.
- Identify and execute process improvements and other enhancements that improve operational efficiency.
- Experience working on a Development team within SAFe or other Agile Release Trains
- Experience with relevant environment and applications – RHEL, Postgres, AWS, Apache
- Experience with Google Earth Enterprise/Fusion/Portable Software strongly desired
- Experience with Google Earth Client, KML
- Experience with Git and contributing to open source projects
- Demonstrated experience working across multiple teams and job functions; bridging both sustainment and enhancement priorities
- GVS Domain knowledge
- Prior experience with Enterprise-level Web Applications following a continuous integration, continuous deployment (CI/CD) pipeline
- Experience with Geospatial visualization applications or GIS technologies (Google Earth, ArcGIS, MapLarge, OpenLayers, Cesium)
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 10-15 pounds at times