NT Concepts is seeking a Geospatial Developer with a desire to work on modern and creative approaches and technologies to solve our customers’ mission critical technological problems, to join our team. Working at NT Concepts means that you are part of an innovative, agile company dedicated to solving the most critical challenges in National Security. We’re looking for the best and the brightest to join us in supporting this mission. If meaningful work, initiative, creativity, and continuous self-improvement are important to your career, join our growing team and discover What's Next for you.
Mission Focus: This program will provide support to maintain a responsive, flexible capability for rapid prototyping of data analytic solutions and capabilities (data integration, analysis, visualization, etc.) in support of national security mission requirements. This team will collaborate with multiple stakeholders to assure national security missions to prototype advanced data analytic capabilities continuously and rapidly to Combatant Commands, Military Services (Army, Navy, Air Force, etc.), and Special Operation Force (SOF) as a service.
Location/Flexibility: Ft. Belvoir, VA with time spent at NT Concepts HQ in Tyson’s Corner, VA. (Some telework may be an option).
As a Geospatial Developer, you will:
- Have a BA/BS degree and 10-15 years of relevant experience
- Perform geospatial/statistical data analysis, create GIS software/web applications, and geoprocessing tools to enable operational intelligence
- Develop maps, charts, reports for dashboards and presentations
- Bring working experience with development, customization, and use of the full range of Esri GIS software products applied to intelligence analysis.
- Have experience using a variety of programming language such as ArcObjects, Python, Java, SQL, and R.
- Experience working with very large datasets and potentially involving cloud-based data storage
- Create spatial data from scratch or by performing ETL operations on existing data sets.
- Maintain and support customers’ GIS applications and mapping systems
- Effectively communicate ideas, findings, and progress – both verbal and written - to the PM, team, internal stakeholders, government sponsors, and trusted partners
- BA/BS degree and 10-15 years of relevant experience
- Working experience with GIS and relevant software such as ARC GIS, ESRI, Google Earth.
- Experience designing, implementing, and maintaining geospatial databases, web-based systems, and servers.
- Experience with hosting and updating the following software types: Esri’s ArcGIS and ArcSDE, PostgreSQL/PostGIS, and relevant security protocols.
- Familiarity with writing System Security Plans
- Experience with configuring ArcGIS Server, data libraries, and web-based systems
- Experience with Agile practices, methodologies (Sprint planning, Daily Scrums, Backlog grooming, and updating artifacts to ensure work is tracked) and Atlassian Products (Jira, Confluence, SharePoint).
- Experience using Git and resolving merge conflicts
- Ability to cultivate a deep empathy for not only users, but also your clients and fellow team members. You anticipate their needs and help them to focus on what’s essential at the moment and advocate for their best interest.
- Willing to take initiative, aren’t afraid to fail, ask thoughtful questions, and constantly seek better ways of working and communicating.
- Experience supporting DoD programs
- Proven experience developing applications that are compliant to DoD standards
- Experience supporting data science and ML products
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 10-15 pounds at times
About NT Concepts
Founded in 1998 and headquartered in the Washington DC Metro area, NT Concepts is a private, mid-tier company with clients spanning the Intelligence and Defense communities. We deliver end-to-end data and technology solutions that advance the modernization, transformation, and automation of the national security mission—solutions with real impact developed in a strong engineering culture that encourages technical growth, leadership, and creative “big idea” problem-solving.
Employees are the core of NT Concepts. We understand that world-changing concepts happen in collaborative environments. We are a company where talented and diverse teams work together using innovation and expertise to solve our clients’ most critical challenges. Here, you’ll gain competitive benefits, opportunities to bolster your skills and develop new abilities, and a company culture dedicated to support and service. In addition to our Benefit and Rewards program, we encourage our employees to take part in #NTC_GivesBack, which paves the way for positive social change.
If joining a stable company with strong professional growth opportunities resonates with you, and you seek vital, mission-driven projects (for some pretty cool clients) that use your specific talents, we’d love to have you move forward with us.
Together is Better
We believe diversity and inclusion drive innovation, and that when we work together, we can accomplish anything. NT Concepts is a people-first, Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer—regardless of a person’s race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected class. If you have a disability and need accommodation, let us know. All resumes are held in confidence. NT Concepts participates in E-Verify.