As a Software Systems Engineer (Intermediate) on our Department of Defense Office of Inspector General (DoD OIG) team you will collaborate with DoD OIG personnel to oversee our portfolio of systems – ensuring quality, performance, and efficiencies are realized. The DoD OIG keeps the Secretary of Defense and the Congress fully and currently informed of fraud, waste, abuse, and deficiencies. You will be part of a team operating as an MSP, to supply holistic IT support to the DoD OIG.
This program Primarily supports the Defense Case Activity Tracking System, Enterprise (D-CATSe). D-CATSe is the authoritative case management system of the DoD OIG for administrative investigations. The application offers a central point of management for DoD OIG Hotline, Investigations of Senior Officials, and Whistleblower Reprisal Investigations business units, from first contact through case closure.
Under minimal direction, provides specialized expertise within multiple systems, software disciplines, as well as general knowledge of related disciplines, applications implications, and customer areas. Responsible for performing in-depth analysis and technical support of systems software products, including complex problem resolution, design, development, testing, operational integration, and user support. Assists in the planning and conversion for new hardware/software products. Maintains currency, debugs and configures related software products. Provides operating systems planning and evaluation for performance analysis, capacity planning and hardware upgrades. Works from specifications to develop or modify operating systems applications. Assists with design, coding, benchmark testing, debugging and documentation of programs. Interfaces with other system support groups to resolve problems, setting standards and improving overall efficiency of the operating system. Designs, codes, tests and implements tools for operations automation. Works on most phases of software systems programming applications and may require instruction and guidance in other phases.
Specific tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Establish formal software development, code control, and build processes for major and minor (patches) releases and full integration. Establish and maintain documentation to include, but not limited to, system and application versioning and changelogs.
- Be responsible for validating the software solution and each update can be installed successfully in the environment and is responsible for identifying any additional factors that need to be considered for successful deployment.
- Assess capability gaps of the current architecture and develop an architecture roadmap/transition plan based on “as is” architecture and the “to be” architecture. Recommend and define the software specifications to support the “to be” architecture.
- Plan for deployments, patches, upgrades, fixes, enhancements, software and hardware change verifications and releases in accordance with the Government-approved deployment plan.
- BA/BS in a technical discipline with at least 5 years of Software development
- Knowledge of Microsoft technologies, to include but not limited to Dynamics Customer Relationship Management, SharePoint, SQL, Identity Management, Systems Center Operations Manager, and Exchange.
- DoD 8570 certified at IAT or IAM Level I
- Prolonged periods setting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 10-15 pounds at times.
- Must have an active Secret Security Clearance.
- Previous experience working for the DoD IG
- Knowledge of the Defense Case Activity Tracking System, Enterprise
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 10-15 pounds at times.