NT Concepts is seeking a Software Engineer with a desire to work on modern and creative approaches and technologies to solve our customers’ mission critical technological problems, to join our team. Working at NT Concepts means that you are part of an innovative, agile company dedicated to solving the most critical challenges in National Security. We’re looking for the best and the brightest to join us in supporting this mission. If meaningful work, initiative, creativity, and continuous self-improvement are important to your career, join our growing team and discover What's Next for you.
Mission Focus: This program will provide support to maintain a responsive, flexible capability for rapid prototyping of data analytic solutions and capabilities (data integration, analysis, visualization, etc.) in support of national security mission requirements. This team will collaborate with multiple stakeholders to assure national security missions to prototype advanced data analytic capabilities continuously and rapidly to Combatant Commands, Military Services (Army, Navy, Air Force, etc.), and Special Operation Force (SOF) as a service.
Clearance: Secret, must be willing and able to upgrade to TS/SCI
Location/Flexibility: Ft. Belvoir, VA with time spent at NT Concepts HQ in Tyson’s Corner, VA. (Some telework may be an option during the COVID Pandemic).
- Works with senior technical staff to develop, research, implement, test, and evaluate software to build rapid prototype systems, that enable customers missions
- Assists in analyzing software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Consults with other engineering staff to understand operational and performance requirements of the overall system.
- Learns new tools and technologies as required for the program execution
- Develops and assists with software system testing procedures, programming, and documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree in science, engineering, or a related field with 2+ years of experience
- Knowledge of software engineering with some data visualization experience and ideally exposure to machine learning concepts; should be familiar with Agile software development practices
- Demonstrated experience with at least one of the programming languages: Java, C#, Python, R, NodeJS, React, etc
- Experience using Git (Gitlab, GitHub, Bitbucket)
- Working experience with Linux
- Experience with analyzing data across platforms and building pipelines to process it
- Ability to travel overseas in support of the DTRA mission as required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- U.S. citizen with an Active Secret security clearance
- Understanding and experience working within the DTRA Research Directorate
- Exposure to the following toolsets: Sharepoint, Testflight, Attack the Network Toolsuite (ANTS), Voltron, JEMA, Catapult, Skope toolkit, ArcGIS, Analyst Notebook, CIDNE, SIGINT-specific tools
- Development experience on platforms across DoD and Intel (e.g. AWS, C2S, JCF, DI2E)
- Understanding of Combatant Commands, Military Services (Army, Navy, Air Force, etc.), and Special Operation Force (SOF) mission sets as they relate to countering weapons of mass destruction/ counter proliferation
- Thorough understanding of the SDLC
- Experience with Jira, Confluence and SharePoint
- Working experience within cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP) environments
- Prior experience with DoD clients and methodological experience in some of the following areas
- Relationships and discovery (correlating, enriching, and prioritizing target data)
- Situational awareness (unifying data into a single context, allowing the current situation to be accurately and quickly understood)
- Pattern recognition and anomaly detection, especially related to Significant Activities (SIGACTS) and SIGINT selector activity
- Geospatial analysis and visualization of data
- Leveraging APIs and backends to process intelligence feeds through automated means
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 10-15 pounds at times
About NT Concepts
Founded in 1998 and headquartered in the Washington DC Metro area, NT Concepts is a private, mid-tier company with clients spanning the Intelligence and Defense communities. We deliver end-to-end data and technology solutions that advance the modernization, transformation, and automation of the national security mission—solutions with real impact developed in a strong engineering culture that encourages technical growth, leadership, and creative “big idea” problem-solving.
Employees are the core of NT Concepts. We understand that world-changing concepts happen in collaborative environments. We are a company where talented and diverse teams work together using innovation and expertise to solve our clients’ most critical challenges. Here, you’ll gain competitive benefits, opportunities to bolster your skills and develop new abilities, and a company culture dedicated to support and service. In addition to our Benefit and Rewards program, we encourage our employees to take part in #NTC_GivesBack, which paves the way for positive social change.
If joining a stable company with strong professional growth opportunities resonates with you, and you seek vital, mission-driven projects (for some pretty cool clients) that use your specific talents, we’d love to have you move forward with us.
Together is Better
We believe diversity and inclusion drive innovation, and that when we work together, we can accomplish anything. NT Concepts is a people-first, Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer—regardless of a person’s race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected class. If you have a disability and need accommodation, let us know. All resumes are held in confidence. NT Concepts participates in E-Verify.