As a Server System Administrator on our solutions delivery team, you will have the unique opportunity to work on programs advancing the digital transformation of critical government systems. This program will support one of our intelligence customers in Tysons Corner, VA.
Our delivery teams are driven to explore innovative ideas and technology, and care deeply about collaboration, feedback, and iteration. We have a culture of continuous improvement, we follow Scrum and lean agile practices, embrace DevSecOps model to “automate-first,” use modern tech stacks, and constantly challenge each other to grow and improve.
If large-scale, multi-cloud, data-driven projects resonate with you, and you care deeply about joining a mission-driven company with a robust growth direction and diverse culture, we would love to learn more about you. Check out the details below, and let us connect.
As one of the industry’s leading innovators, NT Concepts is joining forces with one of the leading cloud providers to meet the ever-demanding needs of the DoD’s and Intelligence Community’s (IC) need for a variety of agile, high performance data centers and cloud service provisioning. NT Concepts will be providing managed IT services in direct support of the newly designed and constructed cloud provisioning network Operations Centers (OC). There will be multiple air-gapped OCs (Operations Center), each requiring managed IT support services during normal business hours. NT Concepts will be part of the cloud provisioning team providing support with implementation, activation and continued sustainment.
Join us as we enable DoD and IC mission modernization. Enter on the ground floor. Be a part of getting it right and doing it right.
Clearance: Active TS/SCI
Location: Tysons Corner, Virginia area. 100% on site. Some travel required. 25%
- Perform as the Server Administrator for the Operations Center environment(s) assigned
- Establish server environment by actively:
- Deployment of initial Windows Server Active Directory (AD) and Domain Controller (DC) services from designated Data Centers
- Participating in the installation, configuration, activation, and testing of the hardware and software for the OC (Operations Center)
- Understanding of Powershell scripting fundamentals
- Administering MS Hyper-V environments
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting OS, Hardware, and application issues
- Analyzing system performance and identifying issues and bottlenecks
- Providing actionable feedback on documentation and processes
- Performing security audits and reviews
- Maintain job knowledge currency by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, and participating in professional organizations
- LCAT required years of experience: 6
- Degree required: Bachelor’s preferred
- Have active CompTIA Security+ or Server+ certifications or must obtain certification within 3 months of date of hireMust meet position and certification requirements as outlined in DoD Directive 8570.01-M for Sr Systems Administrator within 3 months of the date of hire.
- Encourage obtaining Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) within 12 months of date of hire. Training provided
- CISSO, CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional) or CISM within 12 months of date of hire
- Microsoft, SolarWinds and VMware certifications considered a plus
- Skills/Knowledge Must Have:
- Prior performance in roles such as System, Network Administrator, ISSO
- Ability to manage outage process for systems, upgrade COTS software, install security patches and monitor systems to ensure availability.
- Ability to provide input into System Security Plans and Authorization.
- Capacity to perform tasks using the Microsoft OS, McAfee Endpoint, VMWare vCenter.
- Working experience performing tasks involving LDAP and LDAP tools such as Active Directory.
- Operating Systems: Windows Server Win 2022 DC and edge devices Win 11
- Ability to ensure that systems adhere to security compliance and best practices.
- Experience with system hardening.
- Experience implementing security components for monitoring, compliance, and auditing
- Skills/Knowledge: Nice to Have:
- Cloud Services support and provisioning: Google preferred, AWS (Amazon Web Services), Azure and/or Oracle
- Proficiency in managing access controls
- Strong interpersonal skills to resolve problems in a professional manner, lead working groups, negotiate, and create consensus
- Ability to draft requirements documents, correspondence, and procedures in accordance with policies
- Hardware: Dell precision desktops, HP DL360 servers
- Experience controlling, labeling, virus scanning, auditing tools, and secure data transfer between information systems.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 10-25 pounds at times
Personnel must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and retain a copy of their vaccine documentation in case it needs to be checked (subject to local laws). The host facility’s US vaccine policy requires that all individuals entering the physical workspaces be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved accommodation or state law exemption.
About NT Concepts
Founded in 1998 and headquartered in the Washington DC Metro area, NT Concepts is a private, mid-tier company with clients spanning the Intelligence and Defense communities. We deliver end-to-end data and technology solutions that advance the modernization, transformation, and automation of the national security mission—solutions with real impact developed in a strong engineering culture that encourages technical growth, leadership, and creative “big idea” problem-solving.
Employees are the core of NT Concepts. We understand that world-changing concepts happen in collaborative environments. We are a company where talented and diverse teams work together using innovation and expertise to solve our clients’ most critical challenges. Here, you’ll gain competitive benefits, opportunities to bolster your skills and develop new abilities, and a company culture dedicated to support and service. In addition to our Benefit and Rewards program, we encourage our employees to take part in #NTC_GivesBack, which paves the way for positive social change.
If joining a stable company with strong professional growth opportunities resonates with you, and you seek vital, mission-driven projects (for some pretty cool clients) that use your specific talents, we’d love to have you move forward with us.
Together is Better
We believe diversity and inclusion drive innovation, and that when we work together, we can accomplish anything. NT Concepts is a people-first, Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer—regardless of a person’s race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected class. If you have a disability and need accommodation, let us know. All resumes are held in confidence. NT Concepts participates in E-Verify.