NT Concepts is seeking a UI/UX Engineer with a desire to work on modern and creative approaches and technologies to solve our customers’ mission critical technological problems, to join our team. Working at NT Concepts means that you are part of an innovative, agile company dedicated to solving the most critical challenges in National Security. We’re looking for the best and the brightest to join us in supporting this mission. If meaningful work, initiative, creativity, and continuous self-improvement are important to your career, join our growing team and discover What's Next for you.
Mission Focus: This program will provide support to maintain a responsive, flexible capability for rapid prototyping of data analytic solutions and capabilities (data integration, analysis, visualization, etc.) in support of national security mission requirements. This team will collaborate with multiple stakeholders to assure national security missions to prototype advanced data analytic capabilities continuously and rapidly to Combatant Commands, Military Services (Army, Navy, Air Force, etc.), and Special Operation Force (SOF) as a service.
Location/Flexibility: Ft. Belvoir, VA with time spent at NT Concepts HQ in Tyson’s Corner, VA. (Some telework may be an option).
As a Sr. UI/UX Developer, you will:
- Maintain ownership of the product vision and roadmap and improving the product development process. Lead the team in visualizing customers’ business requirements from each design request with innovative UX/UI solutions.
- Demonstrate high quality design practices. This includes participation in all aspects of UX: research, ideation, strategy, interaction design, and visual design.
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simple, human-centered UI products to complex design roadblocks, working on a framework for judging the success or failure of the product, prioritizing feature development and structuring product failures.
- Creating conceptual interaction dashboard design models including wireframes, site maps, diagrams/schematics, process maps, feature lists, mock‐ups, visual specification, working prototypes and other artifacts, to describe the intended user experience.
- Document design patterns as style guides, pattern libraries, or design systems to ensure developers can quickly, easily, and consistently get to the intended design solutions while staying compliant with customers’ accessibility guidelines.
- Empower and mentor designers in the team, fostering a collaborative, productive, and positive environment within a growing team.
- Lead design strategy activities to understand user needs & business opportunities, uncover business/user needs, generate potential solutions, craft a holistic vision for the end-to-end product and develop roadmaps for achieving that future.
- Maintain and further build design team workflows that ensure that all designs delivered are in line with style guides and are of high-quality standards.
- Effectively communicate ideas, findings, and progress – both verbal and written - to the PM, team, internal stakeholders, government sponsors, and trusted partners
- Bachelor’s degree and have 10-15 years of combined experience in user experience design/development of front-end tools
- Knowledge of wireframe tools (e.g. Adobe Illustrator, Wireframe.cc, and InVision)
- Experience with Agile practices, methodologies (Sprint planning, Daily Scrums, Backlog grooming, and updating artifacts to ensure work is tracked appropriately) and Atlassian Products (Jira, Confluence, Service Desk).
- Experience with UI/UX design principles and deliverables including rapid prototyping, concept diagrams, user scenarios, wireframes, flows, experience maps, design patterns and annotated comps.
- Experience diagraming complex workflows using basic functional flows or other diagraming tools
- Experience building interactive and data-driven dashboards to visualize advanced data analytics delivering operational intelligence
- Working experience with Java Script front-end frameworks such as Angular, React, Node, Vue, TypeScript, BootStrap, etc
- Enjoy thinking and working in systems and can see beyond the task at hand. You often think about scalability and adaptability across a solution or platform.
- Ability to use your storytelling and visualization skills to bring clarity and focus to conversations.
- Experience using Git and resolve merge conflicts
- Ability to cultivate a deep empathy for not only users, but also your clients and fellow team members. You anticipate their needs and help them to focus on what’s essential at the moment and advocate for their best interest.
- Willing to take initiative, aren’t afraid to fail, ask thoughtful questions, and constantly seek better ways of working and communicating.
- Experience supporting DoD programs
- Proven experience developing applications that are compliant to DoD standards
- Experience supporting data science and ML products
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 10-15 pounds at times
About NT Concepts
Founded in 1998 and headquartered in the Washington DC Metro area, NT Concepts is a private, mid-tier company with clients spanning the Intelligence and Defense communities. We deliver end-to-end data and technology solutions that advance the modernization, transformation, and automation of the national security mission—solutions with real impact developed in a strong engineering culture that encourages technical growth, leadership, and creative “big idea” problem-solving.
Employees are the core of NT Concepts. We understand that world-changing concepts happen in collaborative environments. We are a company where talented and diverse teams work together using innovation and expertise to solve our clients’ most critical challenges. Here, you’ll gain competitive benefits, opportunities to bolster your skills and develop new abilities, and a company culture dedicated to support and service. In addition to our Benefit and Rewards program, we encourage our employees to take part in #NTC_GivesBack, which paves the way for positive social change.
If joining a stable company with strong professional growth opportunities resonates with you, and you seek vital, mission-driven projects (for some pretty cool clients) that use your specific talents, we’d love to have you move forward with us.
Together is Better
We believe diversity and inclusion drive innovation, and that when we work together, we can accomplish anything. NT Concepts is a people-first, Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer—regardless of a person’s race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected class. If you have a disability and need accommodation, let us know. All resumes are held in confidence. NT Concepts participates in E-Verify.