Senior Software Developer
Category: Software Developer
Locations: Remote; Vienna, VA
Clearances: None; Secret
NT Concepts is seeking a Software Developer to join our team. Working at NT Concepts means that you are part of an innovative, agile company dedicated to solving the most critical challenges in National Security. We’re looking for the best and the brightest to join us in supporting this mission. If meaningful work, initiative, creativity, and continuous self-improvement are important to your career, join our growing team and discover What's Next for you.
The Naval Air Logistics Office (NALO) currently receives air lift requests via PDFs, emails and phone calls. NALO personnel manually validate the lift request details and manually match these lift requests to available aircraft based on complex business rules to create missions. Due to the manual nature of the process, an enormous amount of time is wasted going back and forth on lift requests and missions. Additionally, many lifts fly empty because the schedule cannot be optimized beyond human calculation.
NTC is developing a full stack application to support the requesters, NALO operators, and the squadrons. The application is built on a microservices architecture with a mobile optimized user interface. It leverages modern technology including Kubernetes based deployments, React JS, Java, Quarkus, MongoDB and Kafka.
Clearance: No clearance required to start, must be able to obtain a Secret clearance
Location/Flexibility: Remote, but local to the Washington D.C. metro area
As a Software Developer, you will:
- Support design, development, implementation, and maintenance recommendations for software systems
- Design, code, test, debug and document solutions with direction from senior team members
- Research technology solutions, prioritize assignments, and work to resolve issues based on customer and business requirements
- Ensure that products are designed and developed for scalability, robustness, maintainability, and interoperability
- BS degree in Computer Science or relevant field and one year of relevant experience
- 5+ years of experience with Agile software development
- Working experience with programming languages like Java, Python, React, Node JS
- Knowledge of DevSecOps tools and processes
- Understanding of database concepts and preferred experience with one of the databases like SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle and NoSQL databases like MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase
- Proficient understanding of working with Git and Docker
- Working experience with Spring Boot and/or Quarkus
- Familiarity with cloud technologies like GCP, AWS, Azure
- Experience with API Development and integrating Applications onto a new environment
- Working knowledge of Kafka
- Eagerness to learn and adapt cutting-edge technologies to improve legacy applications and follow emerging technologies
- Teamwork skills with a positive and problem-solving attitude
- Comfortable communicating with clients
- Excellent people skills
- Ability to communicate technical solutions with non-technical stakeholders
- Google Cloud Certified
- Preferred experience hosting an application on GCP using Compute Engine, App Engine, Cloud SQL, Kubernetes Engine, Cloud Storage.
- Familiar with Kubernetes, ReactJS, Kogito/Drools/JBPM
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 10-15 pounds at times
About NT Concepts
Founded in 1998 and headquartered in the Washington DC Metro area, NT Concepts is a private, mid-tier company with clients spanning the Intelligence and Defense communities. We deliver end-to-end data and technology solutions that advance the modernization, transformation, and automation of the national security mission—solutions with real impact developed in a strong engineering culture that encourages technical growth, leadership, and creative “big idea” problem-solving.
Employees are the core of NT Concepts. We understand that world-changing concepts happen in collaborative environments. We are a company where talented and diverse teams work together using innovation and expertise to solve our clients’ most critical challenges. Here, you’ll gain competitive benefits, opportunities to bolster your skills and develop new abilities, and a company culture dedicated to support and service. In addition to our Benefit and Rewards program, we encourage our employees to take part in #NTC_GivesBack, which paves the way for positive social change.
If joining a stable company with strong professional growth opportunities resonates with you, and you seek vital, mission-driven projects (for some pretty cool clients) that use your specific talents, we’d love to have you move forward with us.
Together is Better
We believe diversity and inclusion drive innovation, and that when we work together, we can accomplish anything. NT Concepts is a people-first, Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer—regardless of a person’s race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected class. If you have a disability and need accommodation, let us know. All resumes are held in confidence. NT Concepts participates in E-Verify.