As a member of our solutions delivery team, you will have the unique opportunity to work on programs advancing the digital transformation of critical government systems. This program is operating and enhancing Open Source sources and collection through the delivery of superior network, platform, and systems engineering solutions.
NT Concepts is seeking an experienced Network Security Engineer to design and implement a scalable, efficient, secure & cost-effective network infrastructure. As the Security Engineer you will focus on planning, coordinating, and implementing network security measures to protect data, software, and hardware.
- Participate in discovery, design, deployment of network security hardware and software
- Install, configure, and support firewalls, routing, switching, security, load-balancers, and related technologies.
- Researching, configuring, and testing various network devices in a lab setup before deploying to customer production environments
- Working within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval, and success of changes made to the network infrastructure
- Monitoring and analyzing network characteristics utilizing Cisco ADSM, ACS, and other related utilities and appliances
- Preparing script configuration files for Cisco devices, such as routers, switches, firewalls, gateways, email guards, and anti-malware systems
- Evaluating and reporting on new network technologies to enhance capabilities of the network
- Providing installation instructions and procedures to assist with deployment and troubleshooting for maintenance support groups
- Clearance: Minimum Secret clearance required; Active TS/SCI with Full-Scope Poly (active) preferred.
- Experience configuring and operating various firewall platforms (e.g., Cisco NGFW/ASA and Juniper SRX)
- Experience working with IDS/IPS products (e.g., Cisco FMC/Firepower, Fortinet, and TippingPoint)
- Experience with Antivirus, anti-malware, and email security appliances (e.g., Cisco ESA and Cisco FireAMP)
- Administrator level ability with Unix (e.g., Linux or other variant)
- Experience creating network diagrams utilizing Microsoft Visio
- Experience with development and maintenance of high Level and low-level Design documentation
- Strong troubleshooting skills, analytical problem- solving ability, and organizational skills
Clearance: Minimum of a Secret clearance with ability to obtain TS/SCI with Full Scope Poly
- Experience with software-defined networking and software-defined WAN technology
Location: Reston, VA with remote flexibility
- Prolonged periods setting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 10-15 pounds at times.