NT Concepts is seeking a Senior Accountant / Accounting Supervisor to assist the daily operations of our Vienna, Virginia based accounting department. This position will primarily be responsible for supporting the Controller in all aspects of the accounting department operations. The position requires technical accounting and strong communication skills as well as knowledge and abilities in all accounting principles and practices. This position will report to the Controller and will have growth opportunities within accounting, finance and project / program control.
- Assist Controller with all aspects of the monthly close process regarding general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll items
- Oversee and perform project setups and maintenance in accounting system; troubleshoot accounting system issues
- Review and ensure accurate and timely billing of accounts receivables; ensure proper posting of cash receipts
- Manage assigned accounting staff; responsible for ongoing communications, career development and setting performance expectations, prepare and/or review monthly account reconciliations
- Assist and record proper revenue recognition of contract performance in coordination with program control and program management
- Prepare incurred costs submission
- Assist in preparation of financial statements including review, analysis and accuracy
- Prepare rolling cash forecasts
- Assist with tax return preparations with controller and outside vendor
- Assist during the semi-monthly payroll cycle and serve as a backup to the payroll supervisor
- Assist with financial and tax audits
- Interface with external vendors, customers and auditors as required
- Assist with the completion of special accounting and finance projects including DCAA audits
- Maintain financial records to include all asset, revenue, expense, liability, and tax-related activities
Required Skills & Qualities:
- Bachelor’s Degree or above in accounting or related field
- CPA desired
- Position requires a minimum six (6) years of relevant work experience
- Knowledge of relevant accounting and finance principles and practices, including but not limited to GAAP, FAR, and DFARS
- Highly detail oriented and organized work habits
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including effective written and oral skills
- Experience with Unanet, or other major Government Contracting software, and ADP Workforce preferred and Excel
- Work independently and precisely with limited supervision
- Exercise independent discretion and judgment when executing tasks
- This position requires a hybrid work schedule
About NT Concepts
Founded in 1998 and headquartered in the Washington DC Metro area, NT Concepts is a private, mid-tier company with clients spanning the Intelligence and Defense communities. We deliver end-to-end data and technology solutions that advance the modernization, transformation, and automation of the national security mission—solutions with real impact developed in a strong engineering culture that encourages technical growth, leadership, and creative “big idea” problem-solving.
Employees are the core of NT Concepts. We understand that world-changing concepts happen in collaborative environments. We are a company where talented and diverse teams work together using innovation and expertise to solve our clients’ most critical challenges. Here, you’ll gain competitive benefits, opportunities to bolster your skills and develop new abilities, and a company culture dedicated to support and service. In addition to our Benefit and Rewards program, we encourage our employees to take part in #NTC_GivesBack, which paves the way for positive social change.
If joining a stable company with strong professional growth opportunities resonates with you, and you seek vital, mission-driven projects (for some pretty cool clients) that use your specific talents, we’d love to have you move forward with us.
Together is Better
We believe diversity and inclusion drive innovation, and that when we work together, we can accomplish anything. NT Concepts is a people-first, Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer—regardless of a person’s race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected class. If you have a disability and need accommodation, let us know. All resumes are held in confidence. NT Concepts participates in E-Verify.