As a Security System Engineer on our Department of Defense Office of Inspector General (DoD OIG) team you will collaborate with DoD OIG personnel to oversee our portfolio of systems – ensuring quality, performance, and efficiencies are realized. The DoD OIG keeps the Secretary of Defense and the Congress fully and currently informed of fraud, waste, abuse, and deficiencies. You will be part of a team operating as an MSP, to supply holistic IT support to the DoD OIG.
This program Primarily supports the Defense Case Activity Tracking System, Enterprise (D-CATSe). D-CATSe is the authoritative case management system of the DoD OIG for administrative investigations. The application offers a central point of management for DoD OIG Hotline, Investigations of Senior Officials, and Whistleblower Reprisal Investigations business units, from first contact through case closure.
Identifies and mitigates vulnerabilities using alternate or compensating controls if necessary. Supports, monitors, tests, and troubleshoots IA software issues in conjunction with other IA staff to ensure timely response actions to security incidents. Recognizes potential security violations, takes appropriate action to report the incident as required by regulation, and mitigates any adverse impact. Implements applicable patches including IA vulnerability alerts (IAVA), IA vulnerability bulletins (IAVB), and technical advisories (TA) for assigned operating system(s). Under limited supervision, supports advanced computing, network, or enclave environments, applies extensive knowledge of a wide range of IA concepts, practices and procedures to ensure the secure integration and operation of all enclave systems. By working independently or leading and directing others, solves IA problems quickly and completely.
Specific tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Create technical specifications from functional specifications for complex development projects.
- Perform for root cause analysis of reoccurring operational issues, interfacing with other IT support organizations as needed to identify and correct the issue.
- Support Government requirements to accomplish submittal of new and amended Certification and Accreditation (C&A) packages including system configuration of all components.
- Gather all necessary documentation (testing reports/procedures/baseline configuration guides/lessons learned), organize all artifacts within the appropriate Government provided web portal, and validate that the current/appropriate document version is in use.
- Draft, deliver, and implement data migration plans for ingesting new customers and data from their legacy systems.
- BA/BS in a technical discipline with at least 10 years of Systems Engineering experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft technologies, to include but not limited to Dynamics Customer Relationship Management, SharePoint, SQL, Identity Management, Systems Center Operations Manager, and Exchange.
- DoD 8570 certified at IAT or IAM Level II
- Prolonged periods setting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 10-15 pounds at times.
- Must have an active Secret Security Clearance.
- Previous experience working for the DoD IG
- Knowledge of the Defense Case Activity Tracking System, Enterprise
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 10-15 pounds at times.