As a Security Engineer on our solutions delivery team, you will have the unique opportunity to work on innovative projects advancing the digital transformation of critical government systems with true mission impact.
Our delivery teams are driven to explore new ideas and technology, and care deeply about collaboration, feedback, and iteration. We follow lean agile practices, embrace the Ops (DataOps/DevSecOps/MLOps) to “automate-first”, use modern tech stacks, and constantly challenge each other to grow and improve.
Technical members of our solutions teams require little guidance, but love to learn, collaborate, and problem solve. This position requires the expert experience and passion for supporting the building of secure cloud and cyber security solutions, and a strong desire to solve our customers’ unique technical and data challenges.
- Bridging the gap between complex business problems and secure solutions
- Ensuring that solutions adhere to customer security guidelines, requirements, and industry best practices
- Maintaining security posture of customer compute and cloud environments
- Provides certification and accreditation support in the development of security and contingency plans and conducts complex risk and vulnerability assessments
- Analyzes policies and procedures against Federal laws and regulations and provides recommendations for closing gaps
- Develops and completes system security plans and contingency plans
- Recommends system enhancements to improve security deficiencies
- Develops, tests, and integrates computer and network security tools
- Secures system configurations and installs security tools
- Conducts security program audits and develops solutions to lessen identified risks
- Provides information assurance support for the development and implementation of security architectures to meet new and evolving security requirements
- Clearance: TOP SECRET WITH POLYGRAPH
- 3+ years experience maintaining security posture of standard compute environments, including cloud (GCP or AWS) environments
- B.S. degree in a relevant discipline
- Experience managing the full lifecycle of, and workflows for, security accreditation projects under the ICD503 Rev. 4 framework
- Extensive knowledge of information system security system plans (SSP) and other security relevant documentation for computer systems and applications
- Knowledgeable in cybersecurity best practices and security risk assessment technologies
- Experience routinely using knowledge management and code repositories, including but not limited to, GitHub, Gitlab, Jira, and Confluence
- Demonstrated ability to effectively engage with Sponsor Information System Security Managers (ISSMs) to ensure security compliance of systems
- Experience obtaining IC reciprocity for at least one security accreditation project
Clearance: TOP SECRET WITH POLYGRAPH
Location: Reston, Virginia
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift 10-15 pounds at times
About NT Concepts
Founded in 1998 and headquartered in the Washington DC Metro area, NT Concepts is a private, mid-tier company with clients spanning the Intelligence and Defense communities. We deliver end-to-end data and technology solutions that advance the modernization, transformation, and automation of the national security mission—solutions with real impact developed in a strong engineering culture that encourages technical growth, leadership, and creative “big idea” problem-solving.
Employees are the core of NT Concepts. We understand that world-changing concepts happen in collaborative environments. We are a company where talented and diverse teams work together using innovation and expertise to solve our clients’ most critical challenges. Here, you’ll gain competitive benefits, opportunities to bolster your skills and develop new abilities, and a company culture dedicated to support and service. In addition to our Benefit and Rewards program, we encourage our employees to take part in #NTC_GivesBack, which paves the way for positive social change.
If joining a stable company with strong professional growth opportunities resonates with you, and you seek vital, mission-driven projects (for some pretty cool clients) that use your specific talents, we’d love to have you move forward with us.
Together is Better
We believe diversity and inclusion drive innovation, and that when we work together, we can accomplish anything. NT Concepts is a people-first, Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer—regardless of a person’s race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected class. If you have a disability and need accommodation, let us know. All resumes are held in confidence. NT Concepts participates in E-Verify.