The Program Manager oversees a comprehensive IT program encompassing cybersecurity, system engineering, system and software development, database, network architecture, system administration, customer support and day-to-day administrative processes. Manages a team of leads responsible for these functional areas that is distributed between Ft. Belvoir, VA and Albuquerque, NM.
Specific tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure all objectives and agreed upon deliverables are clearly planned, documented, monitored, and reported upon in accordance with integrated schedule.
- Give direction to functional team leads
- Ability to manage subcontractors
- Provide technical and functional activities for effective management of
- Ensure SEI CMMI Level 3 processes are employed and maintained.
- Provide effective productivity and management processes for requirements management, project plans, project estimates and management, subcontract management, quality assurance, and configuration
- Provide an integrated management approach to support all activities by providing direction of the project so the Government’s needs and expectations are equitably satisfied.
- Proactively addressing risks and challenges to achieve programmatic success.
- Develop contingency response/network outage recall procedures and obtaining the necessary expertise to rectify issues.
- Support, planning, and conducting periodic management reviews.
- Bachelor’s degree in science, engineering, or a related field with 15 years of experience(4 additional years of relevant experience substitutes for a BS).
- Must have a current PMI PMP or PMI PgMP Certification.
- Working knowledge of nuclear weapons accountability practices / procedures reporting in a DoD Nuclear Weapons Accountability role or similar relevant experience.
- Program Management experience with DOD or similar customer.
- Ability to travel overseas in support of the DTRA mission as required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite, e-mail, and telework software.
- Prolonged periods setting at a desk and working on a computer.
- S. citizen with an Active Top Secret security clearance.
- Active Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information security clearance
- Program Manager experience leading and managing Cost Plus Award Fee programs
- Understanding of Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) Level 3
- Understanding and experience working within the DTRA Nuclear Enterprise, or other DTRA programs
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 10-15 pounds at times.