As a Principal Systems Engineer on our Department of Defense Office of Inspector General (DoD OIG) team you will collaborate with DoD OIG personnel to oversee our portfolio of systems – ensuring quality, performance, and efficiencies are realized. The DoD OIG keeps the Secretary of Defense and the Congress fully and currently informed of fraud, waste, abuse, and deficiencies. You will be part of a team operating as an MSP, to supply holistic IT support to the DoD OIG.
This program Primarily supports the Defense Case Activity Tracking System, Enterprise (D-CATSe). D-CATSe is the authoritative case management system of the DoD OIG for administrative investigations. The application offers a central point of management for DoD OIG Hotline, Investigations of Senior Officials, and Whistleblower Reprisal Investigations business units, from first contact through case closure.
Applies a comprehensive set of systems engineering principles and disciplines supporting Windows NT 4.0 / 2000 and HP UX 11.0 administration and network support. Installs and configures the servers and client software upgrades, as well as provide network monitoring and firewall configuration. Provides engineering support, tests, administers, and troubleshoots mail server. Develops engineering assessments of different configurations. including the review of work products for correctness, adherence to the design concept and to user standards, and for progress in accordance with schedules. Coordinates with the Project and/or Program Manager to ensure problem solution and user satisfaction. Makes recommendations, if needed, for approval of major systems installations. Prepares milestone status reports and deliveries/presentations on the system concept to colleagues, subordinates, and end user representatives.
Specific tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Create technical specifications from functional specifications for complex development projects.
- Develop technical documentation, which shall adhere to Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) standards.
- Create and interpret representations of systems in all applicable DoD Architecture Framework (DODAF) views.
- Validate the software solution and each update can be installed successfully in the environment and is responsible for identifying any additional factors that need to be considered for successful deployment.
- Perform for root cause analysis of reoccurring operational issues, interfacing with other IT support organizations as needed to identify and correct the issue.
- Support Government requirements to accomplish submittal of new and amended Certification and Accreditation (C&A) packages including system configuration of all components.
- Draft, deliver, and implement data migration plans for ingesting new customers and data from their legacy systems.
- BA/BS in a technical discipline with at least 10 years of Systems Engineering experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft technologies, to include but not limited to Dynamics Customer Relationship Management, SharePoint, SQL, Identity Management, Systems Center Operations Manager, and Exchange.
- DoD 8570 certified at IAT or IAM Level I
- Prolonged periods setting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 10-15 pounds at times.
- Must have an active Secret Security Clearance
- Previous experience working for the DoD IG
- Knowledge of the Defense Case Activity Tracking System, Enterprise
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 10-15 pounds at times.