Working at NT Concepts means that you are part of an innovative, agile company dedicated to solving the most critical challenges in National Security. We’re looking for the best and the brightest to join us in supporting this mission. If meaningful work, initiative, creativity, and continuous self-improvement are important to your career, join our growing team and discover What's Next for you.
Mission Focus: The Personnel Security team will support the IRS by determining whether employees, contractors, and consultants are suitable for IRS positions.
Clearance: Must be able to obtain an IRS public trust
Location/Flexibility: Remote with occasional onsite requirements
As a Personnel Security Specialist II you will:
- Perform suitability prescreening and review numerous required documents with minimal errors.
- Review completed background investigations as required; compare and cross-check information.
- Effectively communicate with customers and stakeholders as required, both verbally and in writing as appropriate.
- Maintain personnel security records, verify data, and perform security checks utilizing specified government systems
- Analyzing investigation reports conducted by other security entities to support IRS determinations; screening, evaluation, and adjudication of background investigations, performing other duties as required to assist with resolving security concerns.
- Perform a variety of background investigation case types
- Use Electronic Questionnaires for Investigations Processing system, Automated Background Investigation System, and Microsoft Outlook to invite subject to complete their investigation questionnaire in the Electronic Questionnaires for Investigations Processing system.
- Review completed security questionnaires in Electronic Questionnaires for Investigations Processing system for errors and omissions.
- Perform quality review of all case documentation.
- Interface with subject of investigation to assist with access issues or questions about the questionnaire.
- Perform database research as needed.
- Address deficiencies identified while processing case.
- Properly update and correct investigative data in information systems and databases including the Automated Background Investigation System (ABIS).
- Respond to subject and telephone or written inquiries on routine matters, pending case questions, and status requests.
- 3-5 years of eQIP experience including initiating, processing, reviewing, and monitoring cases prior to assignment for background investigation (BI) processing to ensure that they are complete.
- Experience with the Department of Treasury’s Automated Background Investigation System (ABIS) is preferred.
- Experience reviewing personal documents, Personnel Security Questionnaires (SF-86), and other records to ensure they are accurate, complete, and in compliance with the client’s guidelines.
- Must have excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Excellent computer skills including basic functions (i.e. cut & paste).
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 10-15 pounds at times
About NT Concepts
Founded in 1998 and headquartered in the Washington DC Metro area, NT Concepts is a private, mid-tier company with clients spanning the Intelligence and Defense communities. We deliver end-to-end data and technology solutions that advance the modernization, transformation, and automation of the national security mission—solutions with real impact developed in a strong engineering culture that encourages technical growth, leadership, and creative “big idea” problem-solving.
Employees are the core of NT Concepts. We understand that world-changing concepts happen in collaborative environments. We are a company where talented and diverse teams work together using innovation and expertise to solve our clients’ most critical challenges. Here, you’ll gain competitive benefits, opportunities to bolster your skills and develop new abilities, and a company culture dedicated to support and service. In addition to our benefits program, we encourage our employees to take part in #NTC_GivesBack, which paves the way for positive social change.
If joining a stable company with strong professional growth opportunities resonates with you, and you seek vital, mission-driven projects (for some pretty cool clients) that use your specific talents, we’d love to have you move forward with us.
Together is Better
We believe diversity and inclusion drive innovation, and that when we work together, we can accomplish anything. NT Concepts is a people-first, Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer—regardless of a person’s race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected class. If you have a disability and need accommodation, let us know. All resumes are held in confidence. NT Concepts participates in E-Verify.