As the Network Systems Administration (Lead) on our Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) Defense Stockpile Management Systems Support (DSMS) team you will collaborate to assure DTRA’s mission to collect, collate, analyze, and disseminate nuclear weapons or related materials information to maintain the national nuclear weapons stockpile database and ensure 100%accuracy.
This program provides the support required for maintaining, modifying and enhancing all Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA)-managed nuclear weapons applications for stockpile accountability management and related databases/systems to include Defense Integration and Management of Nuclear Data Services (DIAMONDS), the cryptographically isolated, Secret//Restricted Data system of record, and the CUI (controlled unclassified information) design/development application, Joint Application Design Environment (JADE), as well as their constituent networks, sub-systems, and applications collectively referred to
as the Defense Stockpile Management Systems (DSMS)
Location: Position to be located at either Springfield VA (Ft Belvoir) or Albuquerque NM (Kirtland AFB). (Some Telework may be an option during the COVID Pandemic).
Leads a team of network administrators and engineers who provide network administration for maintaining the
computing environment using Cisco Networking Devices, VPN, Firewalls, Intrusion
Prevention Systems/Intrusion Detection Systems (IPS/IDS), Network Monitoring Software,
and Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol
(TCP/IP). Specific tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Support system installations, problem solving and testing to ensure the availability, validity, and reliability of the DSMS networks.
- Establish network specifications; analyzing network traffic and diagnoses connectivity issues, access, information, and security requirements; designs router administration including interface configuration and routing protocols.
- Engineer network architecture
- Perform system modernization / lifecycle refresh of networked systems to include researching, proof of concept, testing, installing deploying, and maintaining equipment.
- Evaluate network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, and latency; plans and executes the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining network policies and procedures; establishing connections and firewalls.
- Maintain network performance; performs network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshoots network problems.
- Secure network by developing and properly configuring network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; maintaining documentation.
- Administer printers, routers, switches, network Kernel-based Virtual Machines (KVMs),firewalls, software deployment, security updates and patches.
- Work with hardware/software vendors to maintain the network systems.
- Validate system network components under the NIAP Common Criteria Evaluation and Validation Program
- Providing management and installation of Tactical FASTLANE (TACLANE) KG175 device, the assisting the DSMS Government COMSEC manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in science, engineering, or a related field with 10 years of experience(4 additional years of relevant experience substitutes for a BS).
- Network Administration experience with DOD or similar customer.
- Ability to travel overseas in support of the DTRA mission as required.
- IAT II certification (Security+)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite, e-mail, and telework software.
- U.S. citizen with an Active Secret security clearance and clearable to Top Secret
- Active Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility
- Understanding and experience working within the DTRA Nuclear Enterprise, or other DTRA programs
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 10-15 pounds at times.