As the Network Software Engineer on our Defense Innovation Unit (DIU) Pilot Training Transformation (PTT) team you will collaborate to assure the program’s mission to be a member of the engineers responsible for the infrastructure our customers use internally and externally to run the business with observability, scalability, and capacity planning as main functions. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
We want people who are passionate about creating products that you and your peers would love.
We are looking for enthusiastic software engineers that can make a significant contribution to the development of next generation Network Products with high availability. The software you write will drive and enable functionality Firewalls, API endpoints, and Certificates used by our customers. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Software Engineer will participate in the design, development and deployment of new services and products.
This program provides the support required for maintaining, modifying and enhancing all Defense Innovation Unit (DIU) Pilot Training Transformation (PTT) cloud applications, data warehouse, and analytics.
Location: Telework Available
Network Software Engineer will participate in design, implementation, tests, and optimization of new services that run at scale and solve challenging distributed coordination problems.
Specific tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Work with other teams within the vertical and across the company to build the next generation of products and services for our developers community.
- Support existing products and contribute creative solutions to the pain points.
- Help improve our toolings and process to ship robust and mission-critical parts of the ecosystem. .
- Proven experience in supporting cloud solutions across PaaS and IaaS platforms for cloud services using SQL, Cache, App Insights, Log analytics, and other 3rd party software’s.
- Working knowledge of networking concepts (DNS/DHCP/Firewalls/Sub-netting, etc.).
- CISSP Certification
- Support IL4
- Help-desk support/troubleshoot
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or related field.
- Experience as a software engineer, developer, or programmer in building software used by external users
- Experience with a typed or OOP language (like C, C++, Java, Go) and unit tests
- Experience developing full-stack applications with databases and API
- Understanding of large scale distributed systems programming
- Understanding of Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD)
- Knowledge of application networking fundamentals
- You understand and seek to automate the steps necessary to deliver high-quality, well-tested, and production-ready software from initial development to ongoing, scalable, production operation.
- Ability to obtain a Clearance.
- Google Certified Professional Cloud Network Engineer or Professional Cloud Security Engineer
- Google IT Support Professional Certificate
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift 10-15 pounds at times.