NT Concepts is seeking a Loan Processing Assistant performing a variety of quasi-professional duties necessary to the processing, servicing, liquidating, or other transactions for disaster and 7(a) loans. Normal duties are performed without direct supervision. Guidelines consist of SBA policies, procedures, directives, and applicable legislation. Duties are designed to relieve Loan Specialists of a variety of technical and analytical duties.
This work will be performed 100% remotely.
- Independently manages an assigned portfolio of loans and concentrates on loans delinquent for the purpose of securing payments to bring the loan current by making telephone call and writing collection letters to borrowers. Keeps loan specialists informed of borrower’s payment record referring delinquent loans over one hundred twenty days (12) for further action by loan officers. Prepares summary recommendation to supervisory or lead loan specialist for review or appropriate actions. Ensures all routine transactions requirements are accomplished for assigned loans.
- Spreads and analyzes borrower’s financial statements, compares with statements previously furnished to determine trends in financial condition and to determine compliance with loan terms and conditions, particularly with respect to salaries, whether pledged assets have been disposed of and whether additional assets have been acquired. Brings to the attention of the supervisory loan specialist and/or lead loan specialist any adverse change in financial condition or any serious violation of loan agreement.
- Prepares and analyzes information to develop transaction documents, such as the SBA Form 327, involving, for example, deferment of payments, extension of loan maturity, temporary increase/decrease of installment payments, charge off and referral to treasury, etc… This requires the ability to read and analyze financial statements to determine whether the borrower’s request should be approved or declined. In doubtful or more difficult cases, consults with lead loan specialists and possibly, a SBA supervisory loan specialist.
- Answers basic credit requests from individual borrowers, banks, and other financing agencies. This involves stating whether or not the loan is current, the original amount of the loan, the loan balance, and our experience with the borrower.
- Able to complete tasks related to loan administration such as loan collections, charging off loans, ordering lien searches, making minor modification to loans and transferring loans to and from liquidation status.
- Highly skilled in oral and written communication to extract needed information and to ensure effective response to SBA borrowers or stakeholders.
- 3 years of loan processing experienc and Associates degree from an accredited institution, or 5 years experience with no degree
- Knowledge of duties, priorities, commitments, policies and goals of the office sufficient to perform assignments such as telephone requests and other inquiries.
- Practical knowledge of standard procedures in loan administration requiring extended experience to perform such work as preparation of the more routine modification of loan terms and conditions.
- Knowledge of financial statements, credit instruments, collateral documents and business terminology.
- Skill and ability to use calculator, typewriter and/or personal computer to complete forms, recurring reports and correspondence which is generated by job activity.
- Skill and ability to deal with situations on the telephone involving individuals who may not understand the Agency’s programs or who have complaints or grievances with the Agency.
- Judgment in locating and selecting the most appropriate guidelines, references, and procedures for application and in making minor deviations to adopt the guidelines in specific cases, may determine which of several established alternatives to use.
- Comprehensive knowledge of SBA loan programs, especially disaster and 7(a) programs and loan administration functions is preferred
Other Requirement(s): This position requires U.S. Citizenship and the ability to obtain and maintain a Government public trust level security clearance.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 10-15 pounds at times.