As the Lead Test Engineer on our Department of Defense Office of Inspector General (DoD OIG) team you will collaborate with DoD OIG personnel to oversee our portfolio of systems – ensuring quality, performance, and efficiencies are realized. The DoD OIG keeps the Secretary of Defense and the Congress fully and currently informed of fraud, waste, abuse, and deficiencies. You will be part of a team operating as an MSP, to supply holistic IT support to the DoD OIG.
This program Primarily supports the Defense Case Activity Tracking System, Enterprise (D-CATSe). D-CATSe is the authoritative case management system of the DoD OIG for administrative investigations. The application offers a central point of management for DoD OIG Hotline, Investigations of Senior Officials, and Whistleblower Reprisal Investigations business units, from first contact through case closure.
Subject matter expert providing testing expertise for support of user requirements of complex to highly complex software/hardware applications. Directs and/or participates in all phases of risk management assessments and software/hardware development with emphasis on analysis of user requirements, test design and test tools selection. Responsible for ensuring that the test design and documentation support all applicable client, agency or industry standards timelines and budgets. Responsible for ensuring that testing conclusions and recommendations are fully supported by test results, and project managers are fully informed of testing status and application deviations from documented user requirements.
Specific tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Establish and maintain a test and evaluation master plan.
- Identify discrete units prior to unit testing and test each unit thoroughly before deployment.
- Provide test plans that demonstrate that each requirement and business rule has been addressed in the design to be tested.
- Provide test reports, organized by module, identifying each test scenario/function and include pass/fail test results. Open issues shall be identified with description of the issues, an impact assessment and planned resolution or workaround.
- Deliver test and deployment documentation per build or patch; application release notes, (Uniform Resource Locator (URL), test data, user identifications (ID) and passwords, to accompany the system being delivered.
- Conduct load and stress testing prior to integration of any system change. All tests shall be performed with full configuration of all Contractor and Government supplied components assigned to the test. Validate all means used to perform stress tests for all components.
- Create test cases based on the operational, functional, and system requirements. Develop UAT documentation and manage the resolution of issues/defects identified as a result of UAT.
- Coordinate with DoD OIG to support Government acceptance testing and operational test activities.
- BA/BS in a technical discipline with at least 10 years of Test and Evaluation
- Knowledge of Microsoft technologies, to include but not limited to Dynamics Customer Relationship Management, SharePoint, SQL, Identity Management, Systems Center Operations Manager, and Exchange.
- DoD 8570 certified at IAT or IAM Level I
- Prolonged periods setting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 10-15 pounds at times.
- Must have an active Secret Security Clearance.
- Previous experience working for the DoD IG
- Knowledge of the Defense Case Activity Tracking System, Enterprise
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 10-15 pounds at times.