As a Software Systems Engineer Lead on our Department of Defense Office of Inspector General (DoD OIG) team you will collaborate with DoD OIG personnel to oversee our portfolio of systems – ensuring quality, performance, and efficiencies are realized. The DoD OIG keeps the Secretary of Defense and the Congress fully and currently informed of fraud, waste, abuse, and deficiencies. You will be part of a team operating as an MSP, to supply holistic IT support to the DoD OIG.
This program Primarily supports the Defense Case Activity Tracking System, Enterprise (D-CATSe). D-CATSe is the authoritative case management system of the DoD OIG for administrative investigations. The application offers a central point of management for DoD OIG Hotline, Investigations of Senior Officials, and Whistleblower Reprisal Investigations business units, from first contact through case closure.
With minimum guidance provides top-level technical expertise, including performing in-depth and complex software systems programming and analysis. Designs architectures to include the software, hardware, and communications to support the total requirements as well as provide for present and future cross-functional requirements and interfaces. Ensures these systems are compatible and in compliance with the standards for open systems and DoD architectures. Determines and identifies high level functional and technical requirements based on interactions with the user community and knowledge of the enterprise architecture. Identifies, assesses, and presents options for meeting the functional and technical requirements including hardware and software updates or upgrades. Formulates and defines specifications for operating system applications or modifies and maintains existing applications using engineering releases and utilities from the manufacturer. Creates detailed design specifications for use by software development staff members. Interacts with project management to plan project schedules and technical direction. Develops software design documents and technology white papers. Instrumental in selection of development tools. Responsible for developing high level system design diagrams and for program design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation. Instructs, directs, and checks the work of other task personnel. Instructs, directs, and checks the work of other task personnel. Responsible for quality assurance review and the evaluation of existing and new software products.
Specific tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Establish formal software development, code control, and build processes for major and minor (patches) releases and full integration. Establish and maintain documentation to include, but not limited to, system and application versioning and changelogs.
- Be responsible for validating the software solution and each update can be installed successfully in the environment and is responsible for identifying any additional factors that need to be considered for successful deployment.
- Assess capability gaps of the current architecture and develop an architecture roadmap/transition plan based on “as is” architecture and the “to be” architecture. Recommend and define the software specifications to support the “to be” architecture.
- Plan for deployments, patches, upgrades, fixes, enhancements, software and hardware change verifications and releases in accordance with the Government-approved deployment plan.
- BA/BS in a technical discipline with at least 10 years of Software development
- Knowledge of Microsoft technologies, to include but not limited to Dynamics Customer Relationship Management, SharePoint, SQL, Identity Management, Systems Center Operations Manager, and Exchange.
- DoD 8570 certified at IAT or IAM Level I
- Prolonged periods setting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 10-15 pounds at times.
- Must have an active Secret Security Clearance.
- Previous experience working for the DoD IG
- Knowledge of the Defense Case Activity Tracking System, Enterprise
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 10-15 pounds at times.