As a member of our solutions delivery team, you will have the unique opportunity to work on programs advancing the digital transformation of critical government systems. This program is operating and enhancing Open Source sources and collection through the delivery of superior network, platform, and systems engineering solutions.
NT Concepts is seeking an experienced Lead Network Engineer to design and implement scalable, efficient, & cost-effective network infrastructures & Software Defined Networking (SDN) ecosystem solutions. As the Lead Network Engineer your technical expertise and customer engagement skills will support an AWS cloud-based network ecosystem of Linux and Microsoft services.
This position will support cloud infrastructure DevSecOps and services, with data flows crossing various controlled interfaces, and will follow specific IT project management and engineering life-cycle processes. This position will support solutions throughout the IT project lifecycle, to include refining requirements, creating design documentation, and providing O&M and troubleshooting support.
The ideal candidate is comfortable in technical and business requirements meetings and conversations, and self-motivated to pursue continuous improvement in a rapidly scaling delivery-of-anything-as-a-service (XaaS) environment supporting important customer missions.
- Develop solutions utilizing Software Defined Wide Area Networking (SD-WAN) technologies to connect on premise networks to cloud environments.
- Recommend network design enhancements to improve cloud services and on premises systems availability and functionality.
- Provide continuous improvement of Network platform solutioning, specification & design, systems integration, platform lifecycle management.
- Manage and monitor bandwidth and network asset conditions and utilization.
- Assist in the design and implementation of LAN/WAN using switch and router technology.
- Assess hardware and software functionality and suitability within the existing network environment.
- Utilize network analysis tools to identify and mitigate performance problems in the network.
- Monitor services with log aggregations, automated analysis, reporting, and alerting in support of incident detection and response.
- Ensure that systems adhere to security compliance and best practices.
- Manage access controls.
- Clearance: Minimum Secret clearance required; Active TS/SCI with Full-Scope Poly (active) preferred.
- Experience with Software Defined Networking and SD-WAN technologies, particularly SDN Controller, Service and NFV Orchestration, Network Functions Virtualization (NFV), or Virtual Network Functions (VNF)
- Experience with SDN/NFV platform along with Cloud Architecture and development Network platform architecture and design
- Ability to utilize network analysis tools to resolve routine network performance problems.
- Working knowledge of the theory and practice underlying LAN/WAN network operations.
- Prior experience with experience with Cat5, Cat6, Fiber, Network Switches, and patch panels
- Experience with project and task planning to include scope of work, time estimation, and resource assignment.
- Problem-solving skills to identify, mitigate, and/or solve network challenges.
- Strong interpersonal skills to resolve problems in a professional manner, lead working groups, negotiate, and create consensus.
- Ability to draft requirements documents, correspondence, and procedures in accordance with policies.
- MS Office suite proficiency, to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
- Ability to provide clear, accurate, and simple explanations of technical procedures and processes to audiences of varying degrees of technical proficiency.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
Clearance: Minimum of a Secret clearance with ability to obtain TS/SCI with Full Scope Poly
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or CompTIA Security Plus certification.
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) or Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) certification.
- Certified Associate in Python Programming (PCAP).
Location: Reston, VA with remote flexibility
- Prolonged periods setting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 10-15 pounds at times.