As the Lead Data Scientist, you will have the unique opportunity to lead the Data Science team responsible for developing target models and advancing state-of-the-art modeling and prediction capabilities. This program will develop and train robust machine learning models to classify images and probe those developed models in search of their weaknesses.
Our delivery teams are driven to explore new ideas and technology, and care deeply about collaboration, feedback, and iteration. We follow SAFe agile practices, embrace the Ops ethos(DataOps/DevSecOps/MLOps) to “automate-first”, use modern tech stacks, and constantly challenge each other to grow and improve.
If cutting edge data science projects resonate with you and you care deeply about joining a mission-driven company with a strong growth direction and diverse culture, we'd love to learn more about you. Check out the details below, and let’s connect.
Technical leaders of our solutions teams require little guidance, but love to learn, collaborate, and problem solve. This position requires a mid to senior level of experience, a passion for mission support, and a strong desire to solve our customers’ hardest technical and data challenges.
The Lead Data Scientist will be responsible for the following:
- Lead Data Science team
- Coordinate with PM to guide technical direction of team
- Guide members through technical execution (experiment design through final code reviews)
- Present program briefs to internal and external stakeholders
- Develop, train and evaluate Machine Learning models
- Develop strategies for data augmentation and synthetic data
- Utilize models to detect and classify targets within imagery
- Develop methods to identify classifier model vulnerabilities
- TS/SCI clearance required
- 5+ years of related experience
- Experience leading technical teams
- Experience with deep learning frameworks such as PyTorch, Tensorflow or MXNet
- Prior experience with the Intelligence Community and methodological experience in some of the following areas
- Relationships and discovery (correlating, enriching, and prioritizing target data)
- Situational awareness (unifying data into a single context, allowing the current situation to be accurately and quickly understood)
- Systems modeling (building a computational analog of real-world-system to understand how it operates, what it is capable of, and how it can be fooled)
- Experience with Synthetic Aperture Radar data strongly preferred
We're looking for a motivated Data Scientist eager to advance not only your professional career, but also the missions of our Intelligence and Defense communities. At NT Concepts, you'll be able to:
- Meaningfully impact the company's growth, and share in the rewards accordingly
- Develop your own career path through our What’s Next program, which emphasizes personal growth through training and certification
- Work on programs of importance that directly impact National Security and the world
- Work in a fun, “challenging yet rewarding” fast-paced environment
- Prolonged periods setting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 10-15 pounds at times.
About NT Concepts
Founded in 1998 and headquartered in the Washington DC Metro area, NT Concepts is a private, mid-tier company with clients spanning the Intelligence and Defense communities. We deliver end-to-end data and technology solutions that advance the modernization, transformation, and automation of the national security mission—solutions with real impact developed in a strong engineering culture that encourages technical growth, leadership, and creative “big idea” problem-solving.
Employees are the core of NT Concepts. We understand that world-changing concepts happen in collaborative environments. We are a company where talented and diverse teams work together using innovation and expertise to solve our clients’ most critical challenges. Here, you’ll gain competitive benefits, opportunities to bolster your skills and develop new abilities, and a company culture dedicated to support and service. In addition to our Benefit and Rewards program, we encourage our employees to take part in #NTC_GivesBack, which paves the way for positive social change.
If joining a stable company with strong professional growth opportunities resonates with you, and you seek vital, mission-driven projects (for some pretty cool clients) that use your specific talents, we’d love to have you move forward with us.
Together is Better
We believe diversity and inclusion drive innovation, and that when we work together, we can accomplish anything. NT Concepts is a people-first, Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer—regardless of a person’s race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected class. If you have a disability and need accommodation, let us know. All resumes are held in confidence. NT Concepts participates in E-Verify.