As the Lead Data Scientist on our Defense Team you will collaborate with multiple stakeholders to assure national security missions to provide rapid prototypes for advanced data analytic capabilities to warfighters, as a service. It is anticipated that the government will employ this rapid prototyping service to deliver a portfolio of operational prototypes to Combatant Commands, Military Services (Army, Navy, Air Force, etc.), and Special Operation Force (SOF), each taking between 6 and 18 months to develop in consultation with the user.
The program provides support to maintain a responsive, flexible capability for rapid prototyping of data solutions and capabilities (data integration, analysis, visualization, etc.) in support of critical national security mission requirements. The Lead Data Scientist will provide technical oversight and give development guidance to full stack rapid prototyping teams within a fast-paced Agile development environment.
Location: Ft. Belvoir, VA with time spent at NT Concepts HQ in Tyson’s Corner, VA. (Some telework may be an option during the COVID Pandemic).
The Lead Data Scientist oversees the data science and advanced analytics work within a multi-disciplined team with skillsets covering project management, software development, data science, data analytics, geospatial analysis, UI/UX, plans & operations, and training. The team will be divided and deployed as needed to develop multiple and simultaneous operational prototypes and assist in the transition to end owners/users. The teams will be divided between Ft. Belvoir and NT Concepts offices and will include subcontractors.
Specific tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Give direction to rapid prototyping team leads by serving as the Program’s subject matter expert on data science and analytics
- Leading the identification and collection of mission data and defining client requirements
- Designing new data-centric automated intelligence exploitation workflows and micro services to perform them
- Enabling the national security mission through the synthesizing and analysis of small, medium and large data sets
- Ensure communication with Government Product Managers and NT Concepts data science teams are supporting quality performance, transparency, and accountability.
- Ensure end customers (Combatant Commands, Military Services (Army, Navy, Air Force, etc.), and Special Operation Force (SOF) are satisfied with delivered prototypes, receive multiple opportunities to provide updates to initial requirements and coarse correction, and remain active and motivated stakeholders in the prototyping process
- Master’s degree in science, engineering, mathematics, technology or a related field with 7 years experience in management of data science programs and projects.
- Expert knowledge of data science with an emphasis on data visualization and supervised/unsupervised machine learning, Agile software development practices
- Experience with automated workflow design for intelligence feed exploitation in support of tipping and queuing, fusion, targeting, and/or related analytic functions.
- Exposure to DoD data analytic needs and associated tactical programs
- Working with and managing data science activities on rapid prototyping teams
- Data Science experience within DOD
- Experience as a consumer of all-source intelligence data, especially both national and tactical technical intelligence feeds, including an understanding of the sources of collection and processing error and limitations of the feeds
- Prior experience with DoD clients and methodological experience in some of the following areas
- Relationships and discovery (correlating, enriching, and prioritizing target data)
- Situational awareness (unifying data into a single context, allowing the current situation to be accurately and quickly understood)
- Geospatial analysis and visualization of data
- Experience with analyzing data across platforms from SharePoint & Desktop Python to Cloud-based to include CI/CD pipelines
- Ability to travel overseas in support of the mission if necessary
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- U.S. citizen with an Active Top Secret/SCI security clearance
- Exposure to the following toolsets: Sharepoint, Testflight, Attack the Network Toolsuite (ANTS), Voltron, JEMA, Catapult, Skope toolkit, ArcGIS, Analyst Notebook, CIDNE, SIGINT-specific tools
- Development experience on platforms across DoD and Intel (e.g. AWS, C2S, JCF, DI2E)
- Understanding of Combatant Commands, Military Services (Army, Navy, Air Force, etc.), and Special Operation Force (SOF) mission sets as they relate to countering weapons of mass destruction/ counter proliferation
- Thorough understanding of the SDLC
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 10-15 pounds at times
About NT Concepts
Founded in 1998 and headquartered in the Washington DC Metro area, NT Concepts is a private, mid-tier company with clients spanning the Intelligence and Defense communities. We deliver end-to-end data and technology solutions that advance the modernization, transformation, and automation of the national security mission—solutions with real impact developed in a strong engineering culture that encourages technical growth, leadership, and creative “big idea” problem-solving.
Employees are the core of NT Concepts. We understand that world-changing concepts happen in collaborative environments. We are a company where talented and diverse teams work together using innovation and expertise to solve our clients’ most critical challenges. Here, you’ll gain competitive benefits, opportunities to bolster your skills and develop new abilities, and a company culture dedicated to support and service. In addition to our Benefit and Rewards program, we encourage our employees to take part in #NTC_GivesBack, which paves the way for positive social change.
If joining a stable company with strong professional growth opportunities resonates with you, and you seek vital, mission-driven projects (for some pretty cool clients) that use your specific talents, we’d love to have you move forward with us.
Together is Better
We believe diversity and inclusion drive innovation, and that when we work together, we can accomplish anything. NT Concepts is a people-first, Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer—regardless of a person’s race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected class. If you have a disability and need accommodation, let us know. All resumes are held in confidence. NT Concepts participates in E-Verify.