As a Help Desk Manager on our Department of Defense Office of Inspector General (DoD OIG) team you will collaborate with DoD OIG personnel to oversee our portfolio of systems – ensuring quality, performance, and efficiencies are realized. The DoD OIG keeps the Secretary of Defense and the Congress fully and currently informed of fraud, waste, abuse, and deficiencies. You will be part of a team operating as an MSP, to supply holistic IT support to the DoD OIG.
This program Primarily supports the Defense Case Activity Tracking System, Enterprise (D-CATSe). D-CATSe is the authoritative case management system of the DoD OIG for administrative investigations. The application offers a central point of management for DoD OIG Hotline, Investigations of Senior Officials, and Whistleblower Reprisal Investigations business units, from first contact through case closure.
Provides daily supervision and direction to staff who are responsible for phone and in-person support to users in the areas of e-mail, directories, standard Windows desktop applications and applications developed or deployed under this contract. These personnel serve as the first point of contact for troubleshooting hardware/software PC and printer problems. Specific tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Manage end to end resolution of any identified application issues, collaborating with external partners including various customer help desk and other DoD and commercial IT entities.
- Isolate, identify, and repair failures, as well as answer user application questions.
- Respond promptly to support requests to ensure the application operates without interruption to functional users
- Maintain a software support activity report that will be used to track and report software support tickets as well as the resolution of those tickets.
Respond to user’s problems, needs, and concerns by either phone or email. . Technical support shall be available Monday through Friday during Government business hours.
- Escalate issues to systems administration and coordinate issue until resolution.
- Create written mitigation procedures for both Tier 1 and Tier 2 levels to use to resolve/mitigate known errors.
- Work with systems administration to deploy and monitor scripts to automatically resolve re-occurring known incidents, without the need for manual intervention, and/or recommend that a known incident-causing error be corrected/resolved completely, thus eliminating the need for mitigating procedures or scripts.
- Establish/maintain POC rosters for support functions as well as primary customer technical POCs.
- Ensure documentation is kept up to date to reflect changes to the operational system, to include related SOPs and knowledge modules.
- BA/BS with at least 5 years of experience managing a help desk.
- Familiarity with Microsoft technologies, to include but not limited to Dynamics Customer Relationship Management, SharePoint, SQL, Identity Management, Systems Center Operations Manager, and Exchange.
- DoD 8570 certified at IAT or IAM Level I
- Prolonged periods setting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 10-15 pounds at times.
- Must have an active Secret Security Clearance.
- Previous experience working for the DoD IG
- Knowledge of the Defense Case Activity Tracking System, Enterprise
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 10-15 pounds at times.