NT Concepts is seeking a Geospatial Analyst with a desire to work on modern and creative approaches and technologies to solve our customers’ mission critical technological problems, to join our team. Working at NT Concepts means that you are part of an innovative, agile company dedicated to solving the most critical challenges in National Security. We’re looking for the best and the brightest to join us in supporting this mission. If meaningful work, initiative, creativity, and continuous self-improvement are important to your career, join our growing team and discover What's Next for you.
Mission Focus: This program will provide support to maintain a responsive, flexible capability for rapid prototyping of data analytic solutions and capabilities (data integration, analysis, visualization, etc.) in support of national security mission requirements. This team will collaborate with multiple stakeholders to assure national security missions to prototype advanced data analytic capabilities continuously and rapidly.
Clearance: Secret with ability to upgrade to TS/SCI
Location/Flexibility: Ft. Belvoir, VA with time spent at NT Concepts HQ in Tyson’s Corner, VA. (Some telework may be an option).
As a Geospatial Analyst, you will:
- Perform geospatial/statistical data analysis leveraging GIS software/web applications, and geoprocessing tools to enable operational intelligence
- Develop maps, charts, reports for dashboards and presentations
- Bring working experience with customization, and use of the full range of Esri GIS software products applied to intelligence analysis.
- Experience working with very large datasets and potentially involving cloud-based data storage
- Create spatial data from scratch or by potentially performing ETL operations on existing data sets.
- Work closely with data analysts, data scientists, and Geospatial developers on the team.
- Maintain and support customers’ GIS applications and mapping systems
- Effectively communicate ideas, findings, and progress – both verbal and written - to the PM, team, internal stakeholders, government sponsors, and trusted partners
- BA/BS degree and 5+ years of relevant experience
- Experience in geospatial analytics, statistical analysis, and geographic information systems (GIS) modeling support
- Experience in the use and application of geospatial technologies, geospatial analysis, and produces integrated GIS products
- Experience in compiling, acquiring, and processing raster and vector data and manages associated attribute tables
- Experience integrating advanced GIS technologies and imagery to support intelligence analysis
- Experience identifying new geospatial and imagery exploitation techniques and methodologies and providing guidance on the techniques
- Proficiency in geospatial software packages including Esri’s ArcGIS and QGIS, and data formats such as PostgreSQL/PostGIS.
- Experience adapting geospatial AI/ML methodologies in languages such as Python, R, Java, MATLAB, and PERL and frameworks such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, Keras, MXNet, CNTK, Caffe, PaddlePaddle, Scikit-Learn, GDAP and SciPy
- Experience with creating training/testing datasets, training models, testing, and reporting performance
- Experience supporting DoD programs
- Proven experience developing applications that are compliant to DoD standards
- Experience supporting data science and ML products
- Have experience using a variety of programming language such as ArcObjects, Python, Java, SQL, and R
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 10-15 pounds at times
About NT Concepts
Founded in 1998 and headquartered in the Washington DC Metro area, NT Concepts is a private, mid-tier company with clients spanning the Intelligence and Defense communities. We deliver end-to-end data and technology solutions that advance the modernization, transformation, and automation of the national security mission—solutions with real impact developed in a strong engineering culture that encourages technical growth, leadership, and creative “big idea” problem-solving.
Employees are the core of NT Concepts. We understand that world-changing concepts happen in collaborative environments. We are a company where talented and diverse teams work together using innovation and expertise to solve our clients’ most critical challenges. Here, you’ll gain competitive benefits, opportunities to bolster your skills and develop new abilities, and a company culture dedicated to support and service. In addition to our Benefit and Rewards program, we encourage our employees to take part in #NTC_GivesBack, which paves the way for positive social change.
If joining a stable company with strong professional growth opportunities resonates with you, and you seek vital, mission-driven projects (for some pretty cool clients) that use your specific talents, we’d love to have you move forward with us.
Together is Better
We believe diversity and inclusion drive innovation, and that when we work together, we can accomplish anything. NT Concepts is a people-first, Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer—regardless of a person’s race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected class. If you have a disability and need accommodation, let us know. All resumes are held in confidence. NT Concepts participates in E-Verify.