As the Enterprise Systems Engineering and Administration (Lead) on our Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) Defense Stockpile Management Systems Support (DSMS) team you will collaborate to assure DTRA’s mission to collect, collate, analyze, and disseminate nuclear weapons or related materials information to maintain the national nuclear weapons stockpile database and ensure 100% accuracy.
This program provides the support required for maintaining, modifying and enhancing all Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA)-managed nuclear weapons applications for stockpile accountability management and related databases/systems to include Defense Integration and Management of Nuclear Data Services (DIAMONDS), the cryptographically isolated, Secret//Restricted Data system of record, and the CUI (controlled unclassified information) design/development application, Joint Application Design Environment (JADE), as well as their constituent networks, sub-systems, and applications collectively referred to as the Defense Stockpile Management Systems (DSMS).
Location: Position to be located at either Springfield VA (Ft Belvoir) or Albuquerque NM (Kirtland AFB). (Some Telework may be an option during the COVID Pandemic).
The Enterprise Systems Engineering and Administration (Lead): provides enterprise system administration for all activities (install, configure, operate, tune and lifecycle replacement) to manage the current DSMS Enterprise architecture.
Specific tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure DIAMONDS Enterprise Network meets the Monthly Defense Readiness Reporting System (DRRS) availability rate (current DRRS rate is 99.7%)
- Guarantee hot site switch-over/fail-over capability and replication is completely operational and employed when DIAMONDS Enterprise Systems or local power is interrupted
- Support system installations, problem solving and testing to ensure the availability, validity and reliability of the DSMS Enterprise Systems
- Perform scanning, patching, and reporting activities to maintain cybersecurity compliance with US Cyber Command and Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) tasking’s within reporting timelines.
- Work closely with Government, user site personnel and software/hardware vendors to ensure 24/7/365 connectivity to the DSMS Enterprise Systems
- Comply with DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
- Respond promptly to DIAMONDS Support Center to provide seamless IT client support to all users regarding Enterprise/critical functionality.
- Design, interpreting, and analyzing technical solutions across complex
- Create/Store engineering documentation, diagrams, and configuration for DSMS
- Provide Linux environments across all DSMS networks.
- Maintain industry and security best practices, implementing STIG requirements, sustaining, designing, planning, maintaining, and building Linux systems.
- Maintain Microsoft Exchange environment for worldwide
- Provide data storage shares on Microsoft Server environment and ensuring proper backup, file, storage management for critical file servers.
- Perform Lifecycle Management functions including research, test, proof of concept, deployment, maintenance, retirement, and disposal for non-virtual HW.
- Validate system applications, operating system(s), database management system(s) and components under the National Information Assurance Partnership (NIAP) Common Criteria Evaluation and Validation Program Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS)
- Bachelor’s degree in science, engineering, or a related field with 15 years of experience(4 additional years of relevant experience substitutes for a BS).
- Enterprise Systems Engineering and Administration experience with DOD or similar customer.
- Ability to travel overseas in support of the DTRA mission as required.
- DoD 8570 certified IAT-II (Security +)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite, e-mail, and telework software.
- Prolonged periods setting at a desk and working on a computer.
- U. S. citizen with an Active Secret security clearance and clearable to Top Secret access.
- Active Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information security clearance
- Understanding and experience working within the DTRA Nuclear Enterprise, or other DTRA programs
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 10-15 pounds at times.