NT Concepts, a data-driven technology innovator working on the most sensitive and mission-critical programs in National Security, has an immediate opening for a Director of Business Development Operations to be based in Tysons Corner, VA with flexible hybrid work-from-home and in-office work options. The Director of Business Development Operations will be responsible for setting standards, maturing processes, ensuring staff are trained, and allocating resources across all of the company's business development efforts. They will be responsible for leading from late-stage Capture through Proposal award, including driving NT Concepts’ solutions offerings, supporting Capture plan development, and ensuring the highest quality delivery of all aspects of proposal development efforts for NT Concepts.
In this role, the Director of Business Development Operations will manage business development processes, tool implementation, and integration supporting business development, pipeline management, program management, and proposal management on SharePoint. You will mentor and supervise a team of proposal managers, proposal coordinators, technical writers, and consultant proposal support resources as needed a team of proposal professionals focused on management of a pipeline of proposals. Additionally, this role includes duties as a senior proposal manager for complex and other large proposals. In this capacity, the Director will lead in the development of technical, management, past performance, cost, and other proposal volumes for Federal customers. The Director will ensure the timely submission of high quality, RFP-compliant / compelling / winning proposals in collaboration with capture and proposal teams.
The key responsibilities are to:
- Manage a team of Proposal Managers, coordinators, and support staff to ensure excellence in proposal submissions of varying size and complexity
- Provide oversight of production staff, coordinate writing teams, and manage and incorporate teammate/subcontractor proposal contributions
- Participate in the formulation and review of proposal win strategies/themes, discriminator development, and feature/benefit analysis
- Responsible for timeliness and quality control of proposals
- Research and gather data, proposal section re-use, and assistance with appropriate use of graphics and other communications techniques. Support development of proposal resource library
- Resource proposal requests in a timely, effective manner
- Lead the development of complex proposals in collaboration with the Capture Manager and a team of experts in diverse areas
- Develop proposal strategies that result in a high quality, compliant and compelling proposal that will score high and increase win probability
- Interact effectively, both verbally and in writing, with senior leadership and staff including the capture manager, program/project manager, and others throughout the development of the proposal, both Pre-RFP and Post RFP
- Manage and be accountable for compliance and the timely submission of proposals by managing and controlling all proposal activities against the proposal schedule and the RFP's requirements
- Develop and conduct structured and organized proposal kick-off meetings that establishes the plan to develop the proposal and the responsibilities and expectations of all proposal authors/writers and contributors
- Conduct proposal color reviews and/or collaborate with the assigned color review lead or chair in the conduct of color reviews that effectively achieve useful, actionable comments and recommendations from the review teams
- Effectively communicate and lead technical experts and proposal staff (e.g., desktop publishing, production, graphics) to achieve the objectives of the proposal effort
The ideal candidate will have proven leadership skills, the ability to build a strong team, and experience effectively resolve conflict and vectoring appropriate resources to maximize proposal development.
Ideally, you will have the following qualifications:
- BA/BS plus 10+ years of proposal management experience
- 10+ years track record of winning proposal efforts valued at $50M or more
- 10+ years of expert knowledge of MS Office business applications
- Demonstrated experience managing and developing complex proposals, including all proposal volumes (technical, solution, cost, and others)
- Demonstrated experience developing and applying proposal management tools including but not limited to the following: proposal schedule, outline, compliance matrix, kick-off, storyboards, mockups, color review in-briefs and de-briefs, and others
- Demonstrated experience applying the rigor of formal proposal processes in the development of proposals
- Possess strong time management and prioritization skills, strong communication skills, excellent attention to detail, and good judgement in decision-making
- Top Secret Clearance (Active)
- APMP certification and/or PMP certification
- Relevant experience outside of proposal management (e.g., project management, capture management, account management) that enriches proposal management capabilities
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Ability to work with little direction and handle multiple tasks
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift 10-15 pounds at times.