Next Tier Concepts (NT Concepts) currently seeks a Director of our Delivery Management Office (DMO) to join our internal team. This leader will guide the daily activities of the DMO and ensure that NT Concepts meets and exceeds customer expectations. Successful candidate must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and demonstrate the ability to prioritize and multi-task a variety of demanding assignments.
- Manage day-to-day activities of the DMO to ensure that Program Managers have the tools and support to ensure programs and projects meet customer and organization goals and requirements.
- Lead our Quality Management and Continuous Improvement Practices; sustain, and continuously improve, our practices and initiatives designed to develop and professionalize our Delivery Management workforce
- Draft, implement and guide DMO processes and policies; Set standards for project management capabilities, including certifications and qualifications for Project Managers, success measurement criteria, methodologies, tools to be used, etc.
- Guide and ensure the development of the program's creation, development, and execution as well as documenting the project's scope, budget, and justification
- Lead our Delivery Management Community of Practice (DM CoP) inclusive of PMs, Technical Leads and Program Controls staff to nurture and professionalize our delivery management practitioners
- Provide enterprise wide best practice approaches in areas such as governance, resourcing, risk management and planning
- Wrangle, organize and analyze financial data, including project budgets, risks, opportunities, and resource allocation
- Create and sustain a data-driven environment to include setting, attaining, and sustaining Corporate Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) and meaningful Practice Area Process Metrics
- Ability to design and deliver on internal initiatives with minimal and/or shared resources; Work with other department leaders to assist in the development and execution of Client Facing Programs and Internal Initiatives
- Obtain and sustain Corporate Credentials such as CMMI, ISO, etc.
- Lead and manage the continuous evaluation of our Programs and Initiatives to ensure they are meeting company standards, adhering to budgets, and meeting deadlines
- Contribute to the definition, identification, and selection of the right resources to include direct participation in the candidate interview process
- Willing and able to perform as a Program Transition Manager
- Minimum of an active TS/SCI clearance and willing to obtain a Polygraph (CI or FSP)
- 15+ years of experience as a PM
- 10+ years of experience in the technical industry and government space (DoD and IC)
- Experience mentoring employees, leading complex teams, and leading by influence
- Experience with ISO, CMMI, PMBOK and other industry standards
- Ability to work independently and meet scheduled milestones
- Flexibility in adapting to deadlines, changing schedules and priorities
- A team player with the ability to work in a high-stress, deadline-driven environment
- Perform as a hands-on contributor
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- PMI certified
- INCOSE certified
- Systems Engineering experience
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift 10-15 pounds at times.