NT Concepts is looking for a self-starting and highly motivated Business Development Director to help lead strategic business development activities and win work in the Department of Defense (DoD) market. This individual will develop new customers and business areas in IT, data services, digital solutions, application development, and mission support services. The successful candidate has considerable experience expanding market penetration in new accounts and successfully capturing new business. The markets include Cloud Migration, Enterprise IT, Data Management, AI/ML, Systems Engineering, and Agile Software Development.
Our Business Development Directors leverage experience and relationships within the DoD. Responsibilities include:
- Develop a robust pipeline of qualified opportunities. Implement processes and systems for collection, interpretation, and dissemination of information on those opportunities, to develop and make informed recommendations for pursuit and capture.
- Conduct market assessments and manage business development activities to support growth in the DoD, with an emphasis on DTRA, DCSA, CDAO, DISA, US Space Force, and DIA
- Manage an opportunity database.
- Lead data gathering and statistical analysis in support of capture, bid and proposal activities needed for contract vehicles.
- Maintain contract vehicle metrics, participate in government and association meetings, seminars, training and outreach events.
- Identify and qualify new business development opportunities, lead the capture management process, and support proposal development activities.
- Assist the Business Development team with identification, qualification, and bid decisions on business development opportunities.
- Maintain a pipeline of new business and recapture efforts of existing contracts, ensuring accuracy of the data for all opportunities assigned under this position.
- Participate in the development of annual and long-range strategic business plans.
- Drive requirements for marketing and tradeshow strategies and attend tradeshows and networking events. Managing trade show efforts and keeping trade show booth and materials current.
- Develop and maintain close relationships with new and current customers.
- Contact prospective customers using networking, referrals from current customers, POC listings from advance RFP postings, and professional organization meeting, conferences, and workshops.
- Performing initial analysis (gate reviews) of proposed or actual request of capabilities, and RFPs to determine technical, schedule, content reasonableness, and profitability.
- Determine teaming requirements for Prime efforts; identify and qualify industry partners and teaming opportunities for subcontracting opportunities.
- Serving as a Subject Matter Expert for business development proposal efforts.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the company to design, develop, and publish proposal documents.
- Proven track record of identifying & winning new work in the DoD contracting environment.
- Minimum of 10 years of related BD and Capture Management experience.
- Current Secret or Top Secret clearance.
- Experience with proposal writing.
- Prior/Current Experience in multiple domains, including Cloud Migration, Enterprise IT, Data Management, AI/ML, Systems Engineering, and Agile Software Development Cloud Migration, Systems Engineering, and/or Agile Software Development Framework
- Experience working with DoD customers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- Experience managing DoD programs in the areas of scope, quality, schedule, and cost.
- Proven management track record – project level or higher – that illustrates success in BD, Government Program/Project management, and general management responsibilities.
- Knowledge of decision makers, strategic direction, and major programs of at least one major DoD market space.
- Ability to expand services from existing contracts.
- Capable of developing and delivering effective sales presentations.
- Excellent proposal development skills.
- Proven ability to develop and execute sales strategies leveraging partnerships with vendors and other industry partners.
- Strong interpersonal and relational skills.
- Detail-oriented with ability to multi-task.
- Collaborative leader with ability to pull together cross functional support for BD initiatives.
- Master’s Degree from an accredited university.
- TS/SCI security clearance
About NT Concepts
Founded in 1998 and headquartered in the Washington DC Metro area, NT Concepts is a private, mid-tier company with clients spanning the Intelligence and Defense communities. We deliver end-to-end data and technology solutions that advance the modernization, transformation, and automation of the national security mission—solutions with real impact developed in a strong engineering culture that encourages technical growth, leadership, and creative “big idea” problem-solving.
Employees are the core of NT Concepts. We understand that world-changing concepts happen in collaborative environments. We are a company where talented and diverse teams work together using innovation and expertise to solve our clients’ most critical challenges. Here, you’ll gain competitive benefits, opportunities to bolster your skills and develop new abilities, and a company culture dedicated to support and service. In addition to our benefits program, we encourage our employees to take part in #NTC_GivesBack, which paves the way for positive social change.
If joining a stable company with strong professional growth opportunities resonates with you, and you seek vital, mission-driven projects (for some pretty cool clients) that use your specific talents, we’d love to have you move forward with us.
Together is Better
We believe diversity and inclusion drive innovation, and that when we work together, we can accomplish anything. NT Concepts is a people-first, Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer—regardless of a person’s race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected class. If you have a disability and need accommodation, let us know. All resumes are held in confidence. NT Concepts participates in E-Verify.