As a DevOps Engineer, you will have the opportunity to build and support the initial prototype of a system that assesses the robustness of production image classifiers and probes those developed models for their weaknesses.
Our delivery teams are driven to explore new ideas and technology, and care deeply about collaboration, feedback, and iteration. We follow lean agile practices, embrace the Ops (DataOps/DevSecOps/MLOps) to “automate-first”, use modern tech stacks, and constantly challenge each other to grow and improve.
Technical members of our solutions teams love to learn, collaborate, and problem solve. NT Concepts is seeking a DevOps Engineer the has prior experience supporting or a strong desire to work with tools in a continuous integration pipeline to automate and/or scale deployment of capabilities. This person will work with DevOps Engineers to create scripts and templates to build cloud-based development and deployment patterns for software engineers. The DevOps Engineer will monitor, troubleshoot, and help resolve issues in development, staging, and operations issues. Additionally, the DevOps Engineer will work with senior engineers on the delivery team on software and system optimization, helping to remove potential performance bottlenecks.
- Developing and maintaining Infrastructure as Code (IaC) in multiple development environments at various security levels
- Managing and maintaining from the command-line a Linux-based application infrastructure
- Writing and managing containers for use in a Kubernetes based environment
- Applying application-level security scans to analyze results leveraging tools such as SonarQube
- Advancing and continually improving our DevOps automation practices
- Collaborate with others and continually advance our DevOps best practices
- Provide storage administration, backup, restore, and other troubleshooting services in a cloud environment
- Clearance: TOP SECRET with SCI
- 3+ years of experience in DevSecOps, CI/CD, and automation management with tools such as Jenkins, Kubernetes, Terraform, KeyCloak, and ArgoCD.
- You have a BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or related technical experience.
- Experience with Python, Bash, and/or other scripting languages
- You have working experience in one of the major cloud providers like AWS, GCP, MS Azure, etc.
- You have demonstrated experience with build, release, and configuration management in a CI/CD environment with GitFlow
- Experience developing and maintaining complex environments and systems that involve integrating COTS, GOTS, and Open-Source components
- Experience maintaining infrastructure in a cloud environment
- Experience with containerization
- Desire to roll up your sleeves, collaborate with others, and get stuff done
- Desire to learn and continue to expand your DevOps education with a focus on security
- Clear communication skills are critical
- Experience supporting the Department of Defense (DoD) in a secure environment
- Associate Certification with AWS, GCP, or MS Azure
- Experience supporting an Agile SCRUM team
- Demonstrated experience with managing and troubleshooting a Kubernetes cluster
- Experience with cloud provisioning software such as Ansible & Terraform
- Experience with creation, deployment, and management of Jenkins pipelines
- Experience with Identity and Access Management, LDAP, RBAC, etc via open source software such as FreeIPA
- Experience with Single-Sign On via open source software such as Keycloak
- Experience with an ELK stack
- Knowledge of RBAC
- Familiarity and use of microservices architecture and automation of serverless components.
- Security+ Certification
Clearance: TOP SECRET with SCI
Location: Herndon, Virginia
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 10-15 pounds at times
About NT Concepts
Founded in 1998 and headquartered in the Washington DC Metro area, NT Concepts is a private, mid-tier company with clients spanning the Intelligence and Defense communities. We deliver end-to-end data and technology solutions that advance the modernization, transformation, and automation of the national security mission—solutions with real impact developed in a strong engineering culture that encourages technical growth, leadership, and creative “big idea” problem-solving.
Employees are the core of NT Concepts. We understand that world-changing concepts happen in collaborative environments. We are a company where talented and diverse teams work together using innovation and expertise to solve our clients’ most critical challenges. Here, you’ll gain competitive benefits, opportunities to bolster your skills and develop new abilities, and a company culture dedicated to support and service. In addition to our benefits program, we encourage our employees to take part in #NTC_GivesBack, which paves the way for positive social change.
If joining a stable company with strong professional growth opportunities resonates with you, and you seek vital, mission-driven projects (for some pretty cool clients) that use your specific talents, we’d love to have you move forward with us.
Together is Better
We believe diversity and inclusion drive innovation, and that when we work together, we can accomplish anything. NT Concepts is a people-first, Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer—regardless of a person’s race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected class. If you have a disability and need accommodation, let us know. All resumes are held in confidence. NT Concepts participates in E-Verify.