Who Are We?
NT Concepts is a National Security Solutions company that likes to solve hard problems. It’s our thing. We do that by working with some complex clients (you’ve heard of them) on their hardest challenges. So, we get to keep learning, keeping our skills sharp. And since life’s too short to spend with difficult people, we hire team members that not only like to solve problems but that we like to hang out with. That’s important.
Why We’re Both Here - This “Job” Thing
We’re looking for a DevOps Engineer the has prior experience supporting or a strong desire to work with tools in a continuous integration pipeline to automate and/or scale deployment of capabilities. Assist senior DevOps Engineers to create scripts and templates to build cloud-based development and deployment patterns for software engineers. Monitor, troubleshoot, and help resolve issues in development, staging, and operations issues. Work with senior engineers on the delivery team on software and system optimization, helping to remove potential performance bottlenecks. Clear communication skills are required.
Who You Are
This is a perfect role for you if
- You have a BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or related technical experience.
- You have working experience in one of the major cloud providers like AWS, GCP, MS Azure, etc.
- You have a passion for advancing and continually improving our DevOps automation and practices to keep our applications easy to deploy, monitor, and scale.
- You have notable experience with managing and maintaining a Linux-based application infrastructure
- You have working experience with writing and managing container-based infrastructure
- You have knowledge of Docker and/or Kubernetes
- You have experience working with Git
- You are an understanding of application-level security scans and analyzing results leveraging tools such as SonarQube
- You are comfortable working from the command-line and experienced with developing Linux or Unix-based command-line automation
- You have familiarity doing systems and application automation using at least one command-line oriented general programming language
- You have demonstrated experience with build, release, and configuration management in a CI/CD environment.
- You have a working knowledge of Infrastructure automation with a focus on network and cybersecurity
- You are ready to roll up your sleeves, collaborate with others, and get stuff done with responsibility - driving a project from inception to completion
- You have a strong desire to learn and excel as a DevOps engineer with a focus on security
- MS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or related technical experience.
- 5 years’ experience in software administration or software environment administration, with strong knowledge in at least one preferred scripting languages such as Python, or Perl.
- Associate Certification with AWS, GCP, or MS Azure
- Demonstrated experience with containerization platforms (e.g. Kubernetes, PKS, and Docker)
- Experience with cloud provisioning software such as Ansible, Chef, Terraform, Cloud Formation Templates, etc.
- Experience with build automation tools such as Jenkins, Go CD, etc.
- Experience with application performance analysis and monitoring (e.g. ELK or SPLUNK)
- Microservices architecture and automation of serverless components
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 10-15 pounds at times
About NT Concepts
Founded in 1998 and headquartered in the Washington DC Metro area, NT Concepts is a private, mid-tier company with clients spanning the Intelligence and Defense communities. We deliver end-to-end data and technology solutions that advance the modernization, transformation, and automation of the national security mission—solutions with real impact developed in a strong engineering culture that encourages technical growth, leadership, and creative “big idea” problem-solving.
Employees are the core of NT Concepts. We understand that world-changing concepts happen in collaborative environments. We are a company where talented and diverse teams work together using innovation and expertise to solve our clients’ most critical challenges. Here, you’ll gain competitive benefits, opportunities to bolster your skills and develop new abilities, and a company culture dedicated to support and service. In addition to our Benefit and Rewards program, we encourage our employees to take part in #NTC_GivesBack, which paves the way for positive social change.
If joining a stable company with strong professional growth opportunities resonates with you, and you seek vital, mission-driven projects (for some pretty cool clients) that use your specific talents, we’d love to have you move forward with us.
Together is Better
We believe diversity and inclusion drive innovation, and that when we work together, we can accomplish anything. NT Concepts is a people-first, Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer—regardless of a person’s race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected class. If you have a disability and need accommodation, let us know. All resumes are held in confidence. NT Concepts participates in E-Verify.