Working at NT Concepts means that you are part of an innovative, agile company dedicated to solving the most critical challenges in National Security. We’re looking for the best and the brightest to join us in supporting this mission. If meaningful work, initiative, creativity, and continuous self-improvement are important to your career, join our growing team and discover What’s Next for you.
Mission Focus: NT Concepts is seeking a Database Developer to support the DoD enterprise Military Housing system. This complex system of 34 web-based modules is used by over 10,000 active users to meet the housing needs of over 2.5 million service members, DoD civilians, and their families.
Clearance: Active Secret Clearance with ability to obtain TS
Location/Flexibility: Hybrid remote and onsite work at Herndon, VA
We are seeking a Database Developer to help us maintain multiple customer databases. In this position, your main priority is ensuring that the information is accessible to the right people at all times. You will be involved in responding to customer questions / issues with Oracle database modules, so you should come with working knowledge in SQL and PL/SQL programming. Our ideal applicant has a bachelor’s degree in IT and 3 years of database or software development experience and should be able to review procedures in Oracle database as required by the applications
- BA/BS degree in a technical field (IT, Information Security, Database Administration)
- 5 years of relevant professional experience supporting database development
- Working knowledge and experience with Oracle DB, PL/SQL, and SQL
- Experience with query tools such as Toad or SQL Developer
- CompTIA Security + Certification
- Understanding of Agile software development
- Good understanding of Oracle packages, procedures, triggers, indexes, and functions
- Understanding of Oracle database design, theories, and data retrieval procedures adopted by applications
- Excellent attention to detail
- Problem-solving and critical thinking
- Experience with Java, C# , or Python
- Experience with Linux, Shell Scripting
- Oracle Certified Associate (OCA)
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 10-15 pounds at times
About NT Concepts
Founded in 1998 and headquartered in the Washington DC Metro area, NT Concepts is a private, mid-tier company with clients spanning the Intelligence and Defense communities. We deliver end-to-end data and technology solutions that advance the modernization, transformation, and automation of the national security mission—solutions with real impact developed in a strong engineering culture that encourages technical growth, leadership, and creative “big idea” problem-solving.
Employees are the core of NT Concepts. We understand that world-changing concepts happen in collaborative environments. We are a company where talented and diverse teams work together using innovation and expertise to solve our clients’ most critical challenges. Here, you’ll gain competitive benefits, opportunities to bolster your skills and develop new abilities, and a company culture dedicated to support and service. In addition to our benefits program, we encourage our employees to take part in #NTC_GivesBack, which paves the way for positive social change.
If joining a stable company with strong professional growth opportunities resonates with you, and you seek vital, mission-driven projects (for some pretty cool clients) that use your specific talents, we’d love to have you move forward with us.
Together is Better
We believe diversity and inclusion drive innovation, and that when we work together, we can accomplish anything. NT Concepts is a people-first, Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer—regardless of a person’s race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected class. If you have a disability and need accommodation, let us know. All resumes are held in confidence. NT Concepts participates in E-Verify.