As a member of our solutions delivery team you will have the unique opportunity to work on programs advancing the digital transformation of critical government systems. NT Concepts is seeking an experienced Data Modeler for an exciting data transformation opportunity within our Intel Community.
The Data Modeler will work with Mission and MIDB production SMEs to analyze, discover, define and document current MIDB databases’ data structures organized around objects that relate to the Infrastructure mission. The Data Modeler will also redesign the data model using requirements and guidance provided by the Government and migrating the data into the new data models. The Data Modeler will apply Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML models) to identify data values from disparate source systems that are null or incorrect. The data modeler will develop conceptual, logical and physical data models.
- Understand and translate business needs into data models supporting long-term solutions for relational and object oriented databases.
- Work with database team to implement data strategies, build data flows and develop conceptual data models.
- Create logical and physical data models using best practices to ensure high data quality and reduced redundancy.
- Optimize/update logical and physical data models to support the new requirements.
- Maintain conceptual, logical and physical data models along with corresponding metadata.
- Create data cataloging capabilities
- Develop best practices for standard naming conventions and coding practices to ensure consistency of data models.
- Recommend opportunities for reuse of data models in new environments.
- Perform reverse engineering of physical data models from databases and SQL scripts.
- Evaluate data models and physical databases for variances and discrepancies.
- Validate business data objects for accuracy and completeness.
- Analyze data-related system integration challenges and propose appropriate solutions.
- Develop data models according to best practices.
- Prior experience with PostgreSQL is preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree, ideally in a technical discipline
- 2-5 years experience in data modeling principles/methods including conceptual, logical, and physical data models
- Knowledge of metadata management, data modeling, and related tools (Erwin or ER Studio or others).
- TS/SCI clearance required, with the ability to obtain CI Poly
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift 10-15 pounds at times.