Technical members of our solutions teams require little guidance, but love to learn, collaborate, and problem solve. This position requires a senior level of experience and a strong desire to solve our customers’ hardest technical and data challenges.
The Data Engineer will be responsible for the following:
- Responsible for assisting in curriculum creation and instruction to help students learn how to develop, construct, test and maintain architectures,
- Align architecture with business requirements
- Data acquisition
- Develop data set processes
- Use programming language and tools
- Identify ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality,
- Conduct research for industry and business questions
- Use large data sets to address business issues
- Deploy sophisticated analytics programs, machine learning and statistical methods
- Prepare data for predictive and prescriptive modeling
- Find hidden patterns using data
- Use data to discover tasks that can be automated
- Deliver updates to stakeholders based on analytics
- Senior skill level
- 5+ years of data engineering or data management experience
- Proficiency with major data sciences tools such as SQL, Python, R, and Git.
- Demonstrated experience with cleaning, management, optimizing performance and processing large volumes of data.
- Familiarity with industry best-practices for software-hardware optimization when processing large sets of data.
- Experience with machine learning, with statistical modeling, time-series forecasting, and/or geospatial analytics is preferred.
- Experience with Hadoop, Spark or other parallel storage/computing processes is a plus
TS/SCI+ Poly required
We're looking for a motivated Data Engineer eager to advance not only your professional career, but also the missions of our Intelligence and Defense communities. At NT Concepts, you'll be able to:
- Have a meaningful impact on the company's growth, and share in the rewards accordingly
- Develop your own career path through our What’s Next program, which emphasizes person growth through training and certification
- Work on programs of importance that directly impact National Security and the world
- Work in a fun, “challenging yet rewarding” fast-paced environment
- Prolonged periods setting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 10-15 pounds at times.