NT Concepts is seeking a Controller to lead the daily operations of our Vienna, Virginia based Accounting Department. The Controller is responsible for managing the following areas of operation: General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll, Tax and Treasury. This is a supervisory position managing a current staff of four, reports to the CFO, and is a member of the senior leadership team of the company.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Primary accountability to manage the month-end closing process and all associated tasks and subtasks; organization currently closes books NLT WD 12
- Supervise and develop a strong, performance-oriented accounting team, capable of actively and effectively engaging and growing with the business
- Manage accounting operations, tax, GL, AP, AR, revenue, and payroll functions
- Manage the relationships of the company’s bank, financial auditor, tax, and international tax vendors
- In conjunction with the tax vendor, provide support and data for all shareholder tax returns
- Oversee all accounting activities ensuring compliance with GAAP and internal accounting policies and procedures, lead responsibility for all financial oriented audits
- Work in conjunction with contracts and operations teams to ensure that revenue is recognized in accordance with GAAP
- Implement and maintain effective internal controls and processes to ensure the accuracy of financial reporting, integrity of corporate data, and safeguarding of assets
- Manage all accounting policies and procedures and lead efforts to change initiatives and process as needed for enhanced internal controls
- Job location is flexible with regards to remote work; team typically meets at least one day a week in the office
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field
- Position requires a minimum of ten (10) years of relevant work experience in accounting and at least five (5) years of managerial experience
- Candidate who has held a previous Controller role is preferred
- Strong knowledge of relevant accounting and finance principles and practices – particularly ASC 606 (revenue recognition) and ASC 842 (lease accounting)
- Strong knowledge of the FAR, DFARs and CAS along with experience with government audit/compliance agencies – DCAA / DCMA
- Experience with the DCAA ICS process
- Indirect rate proposals and or forward pricing knowledge is desired
- Experience with Unanet and ADP (payroll) is preferred
- Effective communication skills, with ability to communicate at all levels in the organization
- Analytical; High attention to detail, organized with exceptional time-management skills
- Advance Excel skills are required
- CPA and MBA are preferred
- Candidate must be a US Citizen
Founded in 1998, NT Concepts is a woman-owned technology solutions company (S Corporation) focused on data analytics, software engineering, and geospatial information systems. We provide a broad range of Federal Civilian, DoD, and Intelligence Community customers with solutions for enterprise, cloud-based, and mobile environments.
NT Concepts is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V).
NT Concepts is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
About NT Concepts
Founded in 1998 and headquartered in the Washington DC Metro area, NT Concepts is a private, mid-tier company with clients spanning the Intelligence and Defense communities. We deliver end-to-end data and technology solutions that advance the modernization, transformation, and automation of the national security mission—solutions with real impact developed in a strong engineering culture that encourages technical growth, leadership, and creative “big idea” problem-solving.
Employees are the core of NT Concepts. We understand that world-changing concepts happen in collaborative environments. We are a company where talented and diverse teams work together using innovation and expertise to solve our clients’ most critical challenges. Here, you’ll gain competitive benefits, opportunities to bolster your skills and develop new abilities, and a company culture dedicated to support and service. In addition to our Benefit and Rewards program, we encourage our employees to take part in #NTC_GivesBack, which paves the way for positive social change.
If joining a stable company with strong professional growth opportunities resonates with you, and you seek vital, mission-driven projects (for some pretty cool clients) that use your specific talents, we’d love to have you move forward with us.
Together is Better
We believe diversity and inclusion drive innovation, and that when we work together, we can accomplish anything. NT Concepts is a people-first, Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer—regardless of a person’s race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected class. If you have a disability and need accommodation, let us know. All resumes are held in confidence. NT Concepts participates in E-Verify.